Thread: Kovalchuk - Lucic

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Kovalchuk - Lucic

Plain and simple, I'm looking to pick up Kovalchuk in my league. I already have Parise and Henrique in my lineup, and I think adding Ilya could give me a pretty powerful line. I also picked up Kurtis Foster today, so it looks like I'm going to be relying pretty heavily on the devils. Who knows how this will end up for me.
    Anyways, I'm thinking about offering Lucic for Kovalchuk. I already have some solid PIM contributors in my lineup, and I need to get rid of a LW.
    Does this trade make sense? And has anyone else found success in relying heavily in one line?
    Any advice on this would be much appreciated!

Dobber Sports Master

Very risky to do that strategy. Lines are constantly changing and a shutout can screw you over. I think this is a pretty solid deal considering the talent Kovalchuk possesses, but don't use this strategy in all situations.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Sage

I as well don't like the strategy at all, but that being said if you don't need PIM's Kovalchuk is a much better scorer and I would make the deal. I can't see you getting him for Lucic straight up though.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Risky risky... If this line had Lemieux/Jagr or the likes thereof, then okay. However, as bbb stated, K-chuk is a better option than Lucic if you can pull this off, especially if you have PIMs to spare or if it doesn't signifigantly hurt that cat.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury