Thread: MA Fleury trade

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default MA Fleury trade

In my 20 team dynasty league I'm looking to shore up my goaltending. The way our league's standings work is team's from 17th to 20th place (I'm in dead last 20th) accumulate points during the actual NHL playoffs, and whichever team has the most playoff points gets the 1st overall pick and so on....so I really need a goalie from a playoff team and MA Fleury definitely fits the bill. He's also imo the best goalie to build around in a dynasty that counts playoffs.

The offer is my Derek Stepan, Matt Read, Jacob Josefson, and Ondrej Pavelec for Fleury. I could also include Rafael Diaz and get Duncan Siemens added to the deal. My depth is very thin so I'm a little worried about sending away all that forward talent, but getting a true top-end goalie would be huge for my team.

If the season ended today I would have 4 of the top 5 picks in the 2012 draft, which is for actual 2012 draftees.....so I'm looking at potentially adding Yakupov, Grigorenko, maybe Forsberg or Galchenyuk, and a top d-man which would refill that lost depth in a hurry, and with some other top prospects probably making the jump next season I think I'd be better off.

I'd love some input on the trade. Is that too much, considering my lack of depth? Those are three forwards I had really planned on keeping around, but I'm getting a little worried about Josefson's durability seeing as he's had major injuries in back-to-back seasons, and I'm not sure just how high Read's ceiling really is. I'm leaning towards making the deal I was just hoping for some other opinions......sorry for the super long post.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

That's not too muc at all... I actually don't think that will be enough for Fleury, but it's certainly a credible offer.

If you can sweep up 4 of the top 5 picks in the draft... WOW. Talk about robbery

Dobber Sports Wizard

Thanks for that blayze. Anyone else willing to chip in on this?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Rookie

I can only imagine the response the Fleury owner in my league would give me id I proposed a similar package.

That's robbery if you can get fleury for that package.