Thread: Weiss + for Zett+

Administrator

Default Weiss + for Zett+

Hi all,

I've been offered the following trade in my salary cap league (see point allocation in my sig)

My: Weiss + Streit
    His: Zetterberg + Carlson

At first glance, it seems to be an offer that I should accept in a hurry. Am I missing anything? Am I wrong?

From a keeper perspective, I might be able to keep Carlson (my other D are Doughty, Yandle, Fowler, Voynov), but probably not Zetterberg (as I have enough forward keepers already), although I figure he might be pretty good trade bait around the trade deadline or during the off-season. I wouldn't be keeping either Weiss nor Streit.

Weiss is absolutely tearing it up of course, which is the one thing making me hesitate, and I guess the other is that I assume that Carlson's numbers will take a hit when Green returns full time to the team.

What's your take on this trade, and on these players?

Many thanks for your help!!
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Expert

Main questions here is how many keepers do you have on defense to determinate if Carlson is a sure fire keeper.

If he isn´t i would not do this deal for this very season. Zetterberg is on the decline for some time now his shooting percentage is dropping and Stephen Weiss on the other hand has finally gotten good linemates and shows what he really can do in the right situation.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sounds/looks like you want do this trade.
    Green returning full time, well when is that happening? Zetterberg will probably end up around Weiss in points this year. If you arent going to keep Weiss/Streit I really dont see why you shouldnt do this.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Marwin View Post
    Sounds/looks like you want do this trade.
    Perhaps, yes. One reason that I haven't mentioned yet is that I consider that Zetterberg and Carlson are more "marketable" than the two that I would be giving away. Perhaps I'm wrong about this, I just somehow feel that they may be able to get me more if I traded them away than their counterparts.

Maybe also I'm a too big of a Zetterberg fan, and that's skewing my judgement ;-).

On the other hand, I do realize that Zetterberg is aging and comes with his share of missed games due to injury.

As for Carlson, I know it's a big "if", but if Green gets traded somewhere else, Carlson gets to be the main man and I assume will be manning the PP with Orlov in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife
    how many keepers do you have on defense to determinate if Carlson is a sure fire keeper.
    Good question. Right now I wouldn't consider Carlson to be a sure fire keeper because I'm planning on keeping Doughty, Yandle, Fowler, and maybe Voynov as a "rookie". That's already 4 D-men. We can keep a total of 12 including 2 goalies and 2 "rookies" (any position).

Would Carlson trump any of the D-men that I was planning on keeping?

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    Perhaps, yes. One reason that I haven't mentioned yet is that I consider that Zetterberg and Carlson are more "marketable" than the two that I would be giving away. Perhaps I'm wrong about this, I just somehow feel that they may be able to get me more if I traded them away than their counterparts.

Maybe also I'm a too big of a Zetterberg fan, and that's skewing my judgement ;-).

On the other hand, I do realize that Zetterberg is aging and comes with his share of missed games due to injury.

As for Carlson, I know it's a big "if", but if Green gets traded somewhere else, Carlson gets to be the main man and I assume will be manning the PP with Orlov in due time.

Good question. Right now I wouldn't consider Carlson to be a sure fire keeper because I'm planning on keeping Doughty, Yandle, Fowler, and maybe Voynov as a "rookie". That's already 4 D-men. We can keep a total of 12 including 2 goalies and 2 "rookies" (any position).

Would Carlson trump any of the D-men that I was planning on keeping?
    Meaning keeper as a "rookie" does he isn´t counting to the regular keepers?

If not i def. take Carlson over Voynov in any situation.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    Meaning keeper as a "rookie" does he isn´t counting to the regular keepers? If not i def. take Carlson over Voynov in any situation.
    Basically there are 10 keeper spots for veteran players and 2 additional spots for rookies (i.e. players eligible for the Calder trophy). Voynov classifies as a "rookie" so I could keep him as a "rookie keeper" if I wanted to.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you arent sure Carlsson is a keeper I would stay away, Weiss/Streit=more points this season. I would rather keep Doughty, Yandle, Fowler than Carlson.