Thread: trade for thornton

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default trade for thornton

side story first then my question. a gm in my league 3 years ago trade thornton for the sedins. this past offseason i traded ovechkin for the sedins. before the season started the gm made a trade where he shipped ovechkin out and in return got thornton. so in the end it was thornton for a 3year older thornton. the last couple of days me and this gm have been trying to work out a deal involving thornton & price for big buff and loungo. we couldnt get anything near what each of us liked so we left price and loungo out of the deal. he sent me a text saying thornton and garrison for burrows and big buff and if i liked it then send him the offer online cuz he wasnt near a computer. i have sent him that offer but i just want to hear ppls thoughts about it. he wont be near a computer till later today or tomorrow due to he is out of the province. i am giving up the best d man but i am getting the better player. i also need the center. i sit in second place right now and i should be in first tomorrow if my players play well tonight. sorry for it being long. rep will be rewarded for ur advice
    12 Team H2H Keeper League
    Keep 5, Draft 14, 19 Total
    Daily Line-Up
    Starting: 2C,2LW,2RW,2F,4D,2G,2IR

Player Stats: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG
    Goalie Stats: W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO

Positions based on Yahoo.

My team:
    C: H. Sedin, J. Thornton, S. Weiss,
    LW: D. Sedin, K. Versteeg, R. Symth
    RW: M. Michalek, M. St. Louis, M. Gaborik
    D: M.A Bergeron, J. Garrison S. Salo, D. Wideman,
    A. Markov(IR)
    G: R. Luongo, N. Khabibulin, C. Anderson S. Mason

Dobber Sports All-Star

In a league that doesn't award Face Off Wins and also awards PIM and shots, I think you lose out here by dealing Buff for Thornton. Especially since Byfuglien plays D/RW. I get that you need centers but with FOW as a category, I think you need a lot more to make this work.

Edit: I saw the Burrows/Garrison part as well but the big pieces just don't fit for me.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com