Thread: Hey Horrorfan - come here

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Hey Horrorfan - come here

Okay B-boy - can you tell me with a straight face that you would start Ward tonight against the Pens with a vacant slot to fill at G?

The Wolverine

Well, I would definitely start him if I was in a H2H league, which was the situation in the majority of posts where I responded to 'who to start' queries. And my current situation in another league. Unless it was a strategic bench based on having a significant advantage in the matchup.

In a roto league where I am +8 in games played, I would consider sitting him. But that's a rare situation. If I was closer to pace, I would probably start him...yes, with a straight face. I'm risky that way.

Dobber Sports Sage

Even if I had 1 goalie and the only stat that counts for goalies is wins I would sit him
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Well, I would definitely start him if I was in a H2H league, which was the situation in the majority of posts where I responded to 'who to start' queries. And my current situation in another league. Unless it was a strategic bench based on having a significant advantage in the matchup.

In a roto league where I am +8 in games played, I would consider sitting him. But that's a rare situation. If I was closer to pace, I would probably start him...yes, with a straight face. I'm risky that way.
    Yeah I would start him in H2H as well if I needed some magic.

I'm juicing you a little here - I think roto as you suggest is a little situational as well - I'm sitting him this day because I do have a little room to spare on starts. He has been getting beaten up quite a bit lately and needs me to rest him.

What is interesting to me is that in the last 3 games the shot totals against have come down from what the Canes usually have against them. I wonder if they are starting to get things together just a little?

Dobber Sports Expert

I might be the one and only but i start Ward each and every game i simply think the guy will turn it arround big time. He is one of the very elite guys in this league and this shitty defense of Carolina will get their act together as well.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yeah I would start him in H2H as well if I needed some magic.

I'm juicing you a little here - I think roto as you suggest is a little situational as well - I'm sitting him this day because I do have a little room to spare on starts. He has been getting beaten up quite a bit lately and needs me to rest him.

What is interesting to me is that in the last 3 games the shot totals against have come down from what the Canes usually have against them. I wonder if they are starting to get things together just a little?
    Yeah I knew you were winding me up a bit, but wanted to respond anyway.

I hope you are right.