Thread: 11/27/11 Studs & Duds

Administrator

Default 11/27/11 Studs & Duds

I'm curious how many of you actually tuned in to watch the Grey Cup. With the NBA just finally figuring out their lockout, the MLB already deep into their winter hibernation, a terrible Steelers-Chiefs Sunday night NFL matchup, and a typically light Sunday schedule in the NHL it was prit-near the perfect night for a CFL game and yet I barely tuned in. Just curious if the stars were well enough aligned. In any case, here are your Studs & Duds for Sunday night.

Studs

Cluster****

Cal Cluster**** had a pretty solid rotisserie night. He scored a goal on Sunday, and added, two SOG, two PIM, and four hits. That's the sort of smash mouth hockey we poolies expect from the Cluster**** himself. His lone blemish was his minus-one rating but on a night where his team lost 5-2, a minus-one rating is just a flesh wound.

Bozak Attack

Two goals (including the game winner), plus-one, one PPP, and six SOG. That's pretty nice. Also a shoutout to Joffrey Lupul for assisting on both of Bozak's goals, making for a triumphant return to Anaheim.

Spezzaaaaaaaaaa

Spezza was simply dominant on Sunday, scoring two goals, one on the power play and one at even strength. He had the best roto-line of the night adding a plus-one rating, five SOG, and four PIM to his two goals.

Blueline Bonanza

Shout out to Erik Karlsson, Sergei Gonchar and Luke Schenn for each putting up a two-point night. Extra sauce to Schenn for his solid plus-three rating.

Also want to hollar at Francois Beauchemin for doing his best to pummel his old team by throwing everything he has at them, be it pucks or his own body. Beauchemin recorded a goal, to go along with five SOG and three hits. He also managed to be a neutral player in a game his team lost 5-2. Nice!

Props to TJ Brodie for scoring his first career NHL goal. It was also the game winner.

Duds

And I Was Like, Emiliooooo!

Don't you think it's time for a coaching change in Anaheim? How about Emilio Estevez? I mean, the quack quack quack, fire 'em speach would totally work better than whatever Randy Carlyle is doing, right? Their duds are too many to name but the usual suspects, Jonas Hiller and the top line were the biggest stinkers.

Hitchcock's Return

Hitchcock's return to Columbus was a good one as far as Hitch is concerned, as his new team, the St. Louis Blues, took down his old team, the Columbus Windbreakers. Unfortunately for us poolies this was a painful reminder of the Hitchcock effect. Take his crappy old team, put it up against his somewhat less crappy new team and you get a low scoring crapfest, in which two minor league goaltenders get to look like Hall of Famers. Just kill me now.

Niklas Backstrom... The Goalie

What do you call getting yanked less than ten minutes into the game after allowing three goals on eight shots? Dud of the night!

DM

Tomas Kaberle

For sucking so much that he got scratched. You actually have to hand it to Brian Burke. He might be a magician. I mean, he held on to Kaberle for so long and built up his value so much that he actually created a bidding war for him. He convinced the entire league and everyone watching that Kaberle was still a good NHL player. He duped us all. Kaberle stinks. I can smell him from here.

You have to feel really bad for the few Hurricanes fans there are out there. Just when this usually tight capped Hurricanes splurge on a player, he winds up being a total waste of space. They can't even find a spot for him in the lineup any more. Does anyone think Jim Rutherford is going to open up his coffers for a free agent ever again? Unlikely. Kaberle's terrible play hasn't just hurt the Hurricanes this season. It validates ownership's tight reigns on spending meaning they will likely stop never spend big on a free agent in the future. Imagine that the first time you ever asked a girl out, she called you fat, ugly and stupid. Then kicked you in the balls and lit your hair on fire. Would you have had the confidence to ever ask out another girl? Would you even want to? Or would you have turned to men? Congratulations Kaberle, you just turned the Hurricanes gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

You Ever Notice How McBain Is Not Very Good At Hockey... That's The Joke

If Carolina continues to play on Sundays, I am going to continue to shit all over McBain. Last week I shat on him for playing over five minutes on the power play with no results. This week he played over nine minutes and still produced sweet **** all. Okay, so he had three SOG, but whoopedy-freaking doo!

Bobby Ryan... Bobby Ryan... Bobby Ryan...
    Last edited by metaldude26; November 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Bonus dud to the jackass on Twitter who rumoured that Boudreau got canned. You can't toy with our emotions like that!

Dobber Sports Stud

for the studs i had cal, spezza, karlsson and bozak all going tonight on one team. i just added bozak since i was sick of larose being so inconsistant that i just wanted a guy who could be a little more consistant.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousjim View Post
    for the studs i had cal, spezza, karlsson and bozak all going tonight on one team. i just added bozak since i was sick of larose being so inconsistant that i just wanted a guy who could be a little more consistant.
    Well there's no one more inconsistent than Chad Larose so any swap is a step up but I dunno how much consistency you'll get out of Bozak. You have to be happy about tonight though!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Bonus dud to the jackass on Twitter who rumoured that Boudreau got canned. You can't toy with our emotions like that!
    Not such a jackass after all it would seem
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
    Not such a jackass after all it would seem
    Yeah but it was still spread by a fake account. If you have to present yourself under a fake name you are a jackass with no credibility. It's like when Eklund "predicts" a trade. You don't get credit for being right when the way you represent yourself is just wrong.