Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: [Rumor] Filatov back to KHL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianSTC View Post
    LOL.

The ONLY reason I kept him was because Ottawa's management went on record that he would be given EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SUCCEED.

I call bullsh!t on that one.
    and by playing him in the AHL as opposed to the NHL which he isn't ready for, they are doing that.

seriously it's been 2 months (not even) since the year began. If he earns it his time will come.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The problem with filatov is he has all the skill in the world to succeed but he just doesnt seem to care when he gets the chance. When he was on the 4th line he looked lost either way.

Look what happens when Murray puts a little pressure on him (reward = callup at end of month?) he starts to dominate.

Then he gets called up and goes invisible again.

as much as i agree he needs to play with better players he has to prove himself when he gets to the big show.

Take that 4th line assignment as a challenge and workhard/prove(Its just not about Gs and As when hes there) you deserve a shot in the top 6.

Do what you are doing now after Murray challenged you to play better.

If he does murray/Maclean will have no choice but to reward him.

Banned

Dude, do you want me to post every article? That was one out of about a thousand that agree with each other...google it.

Look the bottom line is it's YOUR team. If Filatov goes to the KHL, its your team that loses that asset. And I believe he will if they keep screwing him around.

Take off the rosey-coloured Sens glasses and ask yourself this: Do you honestly feel that 2 games (1 assist and a plus 1 rating...in two brutal loses) was giving Filatov EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SUCCEEED???

Really? Can you really claim that?
    lol who cares if he was +7, means nothing. Again, giving him opportunity to succeed is what they are going to do. They are developing him. From the ground up. Columbus sucked the life out of him.

They wouldn't lose him if he went to Russia by the way.

Again, it's been two months. If you say he's gonna be given every opportunity, that does not mean he will be HANDED everything RIGHT AWAY. There is no rush.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fantasy View Post
    The problem with filatov is he has all the skill in the world to succeed but he just doesnt seem to care when he gets the chance. When he was on the 4th line he looked lost either way.

Look what happens when Murray puts a little pressure on him (reward = callup at end of month?) he starts to dominate.

Then he gets called up and goes invisible again.

as much as i agree he needs to play with better players he has to prove himself when he gets to the big show.

Take that 4th line assignment as a challenge and workhard/prove(Its just not about Gs and As when hes there) you deserve a shot in the top 6.

Do what you are doing now after Murray challenged you to play better.

If he does murray/Maclean will have no choice but to reward him.
    Ding ding ding, this guy gets it!

Banned

It's like people think that they have some vendetta against him and are not using him in the Top 6 or whatnot because they HATE HIM. You think they wouldn't want his puck skills and goal-scoring ability if he was truly ready?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    and by playing him in the AHL as opposed to the NHL which he isn't ready for, they are doing that.

seriously it's been 2 months (not even) since the year began. If he earns it his time will come.
    Yeah. Fair enough.

But don't call him up and give him four shifts playing with plugs. Leave him down or give him a fair chance to succeed.

Damn, the best thing for Filatov's development?? Just trade him to Montreal and stitch "Gomez" to the back of his sweater.
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Banned

anyways I'm doing talking about Filatov until (if) he comes up to the NHL again!

Banned

Yeah. Fair enough.

But don't call him up and give him four shifts playing with plugs. Leave him down or give him a fair chance to succeed.

Damn, the best thing for Filatov's development?? Just trade him to Montreal and stitch "Gomez" to the back of his sweater.
    actually I will agree and add that the first callup was illogical. He didn't earn anything yet and there was really nowhere to put him since the Top 3 lines were rolling. I thought they would have sent him back right away when Daugavins came back.