Thread: Neuvirth's future

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Neuvirth's future

Will he be Washington's goalie of the future? If not, then who's after Vokun?

Well if he is, I'm looking to acquire him in a keeper league (team in sig)- while his value is still relatively low. The team who has him

Mikko Koivu (Min - C)
    C Steven Stamkos (TB - C)
    LW James van Riemsdyk (Phi - LW)
    LW Ilya Kovalchuk (NJ - LW,RW)
    RW Alexander Semin (Was - LW,RW)
    RW Steve Downie (TB - RW)
    D Victor Hedman (TB - D)
    D Alex Goligoski (Dal - D)IR
    D Karl Alzner (Was - D)
    D Stefan Elliott (Col - D)NA
    Util Nikita Filatov (Ott - LW)NA
    G Thomas Greiss (SJ - G)
    G Semyon Varlamov (Col - G)
    BN Bryan Bickell (Chi - LW)
    BN Kyle Okposo (NYI - RW)
    BN Colin Wilson (Nsh - C)
    BN Blake Wheeler (Wpg - RW)
    BN Brett Connolly (TB - RW)
    IR Nazem Kadri (Tor - C)NA
    IR David Perron (StL - LW)IR
    BN Michal Neuvirth (Was - G)
    BN Jonathan Bernier (LA - G)

Would it be a better move to try for Bernier?

By the way, the team that has him is 14/16 in the league, so I'm assuming it'll be a rebuilding season.

I was thinking of offering D. Stepan and Kyle Quincey- though I'm not sure if that'll do it
    Last edited by ForsbergnSakic; November 20, 2011 at 3:18 AM.
    16 teams, Yahoo H2H keeper league ( we keep ALL of our players from year to year) 2C 2RW 2LW 4D 2G 5B 1Util

No salary cap

G A +/- PIM PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV(total) SV% SO

C: Crosby , Lecavalier, Ott , C. Smith
    LW: A. Mcdonald (C), Pacioretty , Wheeler, Greening
    RW: Read (C), M. Michalek (LW), Neil, J. Samson
    D: T. Kaberle, Wisniewski, Meszaros, Quincey, Garrison, Voynov,
    G: Fleury, Bryzgalov, Khabibulin, Enroth, S. Mason

Administrator

It is so tough trying to acquire these young and talented goalies playing on good teams. You never know how things will break for them. Maybe the team acquires a veteran like Washington did or maybe another young guy beats you to the spot like Quick did in LA. They are decent investments but it is anyone's guess who will have the most value and when they will get their shot to be a starter.

Is Neuvirth the future for Washington. Maybe. He's got the talent and he's been given a shot before but Vokoun presumably has a couple of seasons left in him. Also Brayden Holtby is lurking and could outduel Neuvirth. Also do not count out Washington acquiring yet another veteran goalie. The big thing for me is that Neuvirth is injury prone. If when he figures out the conditioning game he could be a big time goalie or he could fizzle out. Probably not the right time to invest in him.

Bernier seems a little more legit but he is stuck behind a rock in Jonathan Quick. It'll require a ton of patience with Bernier and then it depends on if he is the goalie for LA or perhaps a much weaker franchise AND THEN we have to find out if he's a legit starter or not. I like him but it's still a tough investment.

Now how does this impact you. Well you are dead set in net, so I'm not sure how acquiring either one of these guys can really help you. Especially not paying top dollar. I'm sure there are some similarly talented prospects out there you could simply snag off the waiver wire than give up productive players to do so. The NHL goalie carousel is just way too random to pay a high price to jump on board. Sometimes great goalies get buried and sometimes crappy ones land golden opportunities. My suggestion is to play this one like Charlie Bucket and just hope and pray for that golden ticket rather than try to buy one like a glutonous Augustus Gloop.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Your charlie and the chocolate factory analogy alone got you some rep from me

but thanks for the advice, I'm actually not overly happy with Bryz (I know he is solid, but Boucher gets too many starts).

Also, I might be a bit premature in thinking that I can get to the finals, but if I do, Pit plays Phi twice that week, which does not bode well for me fantasy-wise.

At any rate, In our keeper league, goalies are hard to come by (so much so that goalies not currently in the NHL have already been taken off waivers, Holtby included), which would explain why I'm 3/16 despite most my skaters (save crosby) being crappy or new.

One guy who caught my eye was Cedric Desjardins of Colorado, who is still available off waiver. I might pick him up if I hear any news out of colorado having some kind of goalie issues (which isn't uncommon at all to hear)

Anyway, I'll follow your advice, and wait for
    16 teams, Yahoo H2H keeper league ( we keep ALL of our players from year to year) 2C 2RW 2LW 4D 2G 5B 1Util

No salary cap

G A +/- PIM PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV(total) SV% SO

C: Crosby , Lecavalier, Ott , C. Smith
    LW: A. Mcdonald (C), Pacioretty , Wheeler, Greening
    RW: Read (C), M. Michalek (LW), Neil, J. Samson
    D: T. Kaberle, Wisniewski, Meszaros, Quincey, Garrison, Voynov,
    G: Fleury, Bryzgalov, Khabibulin, Enroth, S. Mason

Administrator

Desjardins is the perfect example of a guy who is a potential golden ticket and could be had for cheap. The goaltending duo in Colorado is pretty set right now but with both Varlamov and Giggy being injury prone Desjardins could step up. We've seen that he can win at the NHL level and is worth a flyer if he comes for free. Not sure what he's done this season in the AHL but he does appear to be the third guy in Colorado.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg