Thread: Does Anyone Else Feel Bad For S Mason???

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Does Anyone Else Feel Bad For S Mason???

It was funny at first, we had the #stevemasonsucks twitter thing going. But now I just feel bad for him. He's clearly not ready but they keep throwing him out there. What's he supposed to do, quit? Ask to go to the minors?

Figure it out Columbus, this kid can't handle much more.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Every Columbus game I watch he gets absolutely hung out to dry too. Sure he lets in some bad goals, but he gets literally zero support from the rest of his team.
    1 Year 18 Team H2H Category Wins (Daily Starts)

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, GWG, BK, Hits, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4D, 1 Util, 2 G (5 B)

C: Getzlaf, Kesler, Mackinnon
    LW: Benn, Hartnell, N. Foligno, T. Ruutu (C)
    RW: Clarkson, Clutterbuck, Bennett
    D: Karlsson, Phaneuf, Giordano, Faulk, Meszaros
    G: Lunqvist, Ramo, Khudobin

Dobber Sports Sage

Can anyone say Jim Carey. Little more pedigree, but still!!!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't know how true this is but I remember reading somewhere that he is not well liked in the locker room.
    I think he is one guy who could use a change of team.

This team is terrible period. I don't think either that the gets any support at all.

Dobber Sports Superstar

That is one f-ed up organization, IMHO.

I can't blame them for elevating him in is first year when he was hot. I mean, what was the option, Pascal LeClaire? But, when he struggled in his sophomore season, they should have gotten a clue and slowed him down and brought in a veteran to carry the load.

But, they didn't. And now they've likely ruined what would have been a franchise goaltender.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

I generally don't feel bad for under-performing athletes making $2.6M a year.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's funny, I thought about making the exact same thread. I get the whole "he makes millions of dollars" thing but making money doesn't make you not human and stop caring about shit. Yea, I feel for this guy. Not for any reason other than life sucks right now. I've made good money at different jobs before (not millions mind you) yet I found myself hating life 'cus going to work everyday sucked. The look on his face and body language tells the entire story. Do I feel sorry for him 'cus he got the chance, is paid well for it, and shit the bed? **** no. But I feel sorry for how he goes to bed every night and feels like shit.

The worst part is, is that the entire team feels like that and maybe, just maybe, if things were different in CLB, mason's story may be a different one. Basically, mason doesn't deserve all the blame. Whatever is wrong need to be fixed but WTF is the problem? There's talent there, different coaching styles having been tried as well as major shakeup's. What's left? Let's hope that an entirely healthy roster can make a difference 'cus CLB fans are getting way too used to losing.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't think anybody is saying it's solely his fault. It's everyone's fault. But his save %'s say something about his performance. Vokoun and Luongo played for crappy teams and they always managed solid save %'s.

I do feel for him in terms of the heat he's taking which is somewhat unfair, but I don't feel sorry for him because it's his job to take heat. He's an athlete... just like any entertainer, the fans are your customers and they can say or feel whatever they want. You will get traded around, heckled and be scrutinized and criticized by the media, that's the price you pay for making millions a year and having the world at your feet when things are going well (like in his first year). When I was a banker I worked 90-110 hours a week and I hated my life and yet I still did the job and didn't expect anyone to feel sorry for me because I was getting paid quadruple what the average household was making straight out of college. No difference. They are professionals for a reason.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I don't think anybody is saying it's solely his fault. It's everyone's fault. But his save %'s say something about his performance. Vokoun and Luongo played for crappy teams and they always managed solid save %'s.

I do feel for him in terms of the heat he's taking which is somewhat unfair, but I don't feel sorry for him because it's his job to take heat. He's an athlete... just like any entertainer, the fans are your customers and they can say or feel whatever they want. You will get traded around, heckled and be scrutinized and criticized by the media, that's the price you pay for making millions a year and having the world at your feet when things are going well (like in his first year). When I was a banker I worked 90-110 hours a week and I hated my life and yet I still did the job and didn't expect anyone to feel sorry for me because I was getting paid quadruple what the average household was making straight out of college. No difference. They are professionals for a reason.
    Hear ya, and in the same page. I, as well, don't feel sorry for him in terms of the heat he's taking. That is part of the job. I do feel for him in terms of a dude who feels like a POS because of the poor job he's doing. Really, the same way I'd feel for you if you hated your job. The whole "not only his fault" thing is pure opinion and a total unknown. I mean, we've seen great goalies carry terrible teams before!
    Last edited by ridinryan44; November 11, 2011 at 2:59 AM.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson