Thread: Thornton/Boyle for Brown/Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Thornton/Boyle for Brown/Shattenkirk

Just about to do my trade analysis on this one, will let you know my thoughts, any opinions on this? I had offered Carlson for Boyle and this was his counter offer. I need some help this year, pool is still really tight although I'm in last with Staal and DTD's hurting me all year. I still want to win this year and think I will if my big guys start going (Roy, Stewart, Staal, etc). I'd love to ditch Kaberle and will drop Horton when Carter comes back so if I don't like this trade I'll counter with something to hopefully improve my team.

His: Â*
    Dustin Brown
    Dan Boyle

For my:
    Joe Thornton
    Kevin Shattenkirk
    11 team Points Only Keeper League (Yahoo) - G / A / +-(.25) / PPP(.5) / W
    Keep 12
    Start 10F, 5D, 3U, 2G, 2B

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't like his counter at all. That is way too much of a downgrade with you losing Thornton and only getting Brown back. You get extra points for PP....Thornton will kill Brown in that cat.Obviously, the upgrade is Boyle over Shatts, but I don't think thta's anywhere near enough.

Don't panic...your guys with the DTD status should be back soon and Staal has to eventually come around. Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Nice team

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    I don't like his counter at all. That is way too much of a downgrade with you losing Thornton and only getting Brown back. You get extra points for PP....Thornton will kill Brown in that cat.Obviously, the upgrade is Boyle over Shatts, but I don't think thta's anywhere near enough.

Don't panic...your guys with the DTD status should be back soon and Staal has to eventually come around. Good luck!
    You have Crosby, Ovechkin and Perry...think I might listen to your trade advice, you've obviously done a few! Thanks.
    11 team Points Only Keeper League (Yahoo) - G / A / +-(.25) / PPP(.5) / W
    Keep 12
    Start 10F, 5D, 3U, 2G, 2B