Thread: Kopitar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kopitar

Wondering what the kids value is in a keeper pool with only 6 protections and 16 teams.

I see him as a future ppg guy and a young star. If you compared his value to established defencemen who would he fetch? Would he fetch Timonin plus for example?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Kopitar

I think that if you offered most managers Kopitar for Timonen, they\'d take it. Especially given his future linemates.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Ace

If I would have to trade Kopitar for a defencemen, I\'d do it straight up for Ryan Whitney.

As for anyone else id take jack or erik johnson depending what else the person would throw in.

It would have to be like kopitar and a 3rd round prospect pick for Johnson and a 1st round pick.

Los Angeles will soon become the new Pittsburgh Penguins, although no superstars like Crosby or Malkin but they have amazing depth. Frolov,Kopitar,O\'Sullivan,Cammalieri,Brown,Tukone n will form a great offence...jack johnson and visnovky on the powerplay...and Bernier will be there to make those key saves. And lets not forget they have another top pick this year. Imagine they get a guy like Cherampanov who will be a natural finisher, on a team with passers like that, he can be a consistent 45 goal scorer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would hold onto Kopitar. A lot was said about Malkin and the rest last year but Kopitar at 19 did great with very little support. I watched many Kings games and he rarely saw ice time with Frolov or Camel. I would hold off one more year, or wait until he starts to tear it up next season before I would even consider dealing him. Your sitting on a gold mine, I would keep my ass planted.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Celly wrote:
    I would hold onto Kopitar. A lot was said about Malkin and the rest last year but Kopitar at 19 did great with very little support. I watched many Kings games and he rarely saw ice time with Frolov or Camel. I would hold off one more year, or wait until he starts to tear it up next season before I would even consider dealing him. Your sitting on a gold mine, I would keep my ass planted.
    I agree the Kid is good, I gave up a heck of a lot to get him. But I managed to aquire Thornton and Crosby this year (not a bad haul) and we are only allowed to dress 2 centers. Unfortunately there will be no room for Kopitar. As good as he is Thornton\'s 110-120 points aren\'t going anywhere.

So the question is what can I expect to get for the kid in a deal. I need D and like draft picks. We only protect 6 players each in a 16 team league. A top notch goalie would be nice but what can I expect for Kopitar.

Dobber Sports Stud

birddog wrote:
    So the question is what can I expect to get for the kid in a deal. I need D and like draft picks. We only protect 6 players each in a 16 team league. A top notch goalie would be nice but what can I expect for Kopitar.
    I think that you can expect high- to top-value in return. The center thing is difficult though, especially with so few keepers. I\'m in certain position-specific leagues where some managers won\'t make any trades without giving up a net positive number of centers (if you want my D, I give you a lesser D plus a center). Suffice it to say that I don\'t make many trades with them...

I suppose one question is, will you keep Kopitar? And if not, would you have kept Timonen? That changes the landscape dramatically.

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/06/15 10:40
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Stud

You have two great centres in Crosby and Thornton. I would agree that you should expect a high return. I would go after Ryan Whitney, or maybe Letang and a pick. You also mention a starting goaltender. I would try to get Fleury but you might have to up the ante to get him. I just think that the Penguins are going to be the Oilers of the 80\'s, for the next couple years, until they are decimated by free agency.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thieving Giraffe wrote:
    I think that you can expect high- to top-value in return. The center thing is difficult though, especially with so few keepers. I\'m in certain position-specific leagues where some managers won\'t make any trades without giving up a net positive number of centers (if you want my D, I give you a lesser D plus a center). Suffice it to say that I don\'t make many trades with them...

I suppose one question is, will you keep Kopitar? And if not, would you have kept Timonen? That changes the landscape dramatically.<br><br>Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/06/15 10:40
    I agree center is difficult hopefully Kopitar gets off to a good start this year and I can peddle him for something valuable. I won\'t keep Timonen no room, so I guess I should ask for someone I\'ll keep. Ryan Whitney, Phaneuf, Fleury are all inticing but will there owners cough them up? Guess we\'ll see . I\'ll let you know how it turns out.