Thread: A read on a couple guys

Dobber Sports Star

Default A read on a couple guys

Just wondering if people would share some views on two guys who are off to great starts this season.

Kyle Quincey and MA Bergeron have both put up great numbers so far -- so is it a case of an early season blip or just that we didn't see the opportunity coming?

I haven't managed to catch much game action, so I'm keen to get views:

How have they looked? Any views would be appreciated.

Quincey: 11 GP, 2 G, 8 P, 2.8 SOG/GP, 1 SHP, 22:50 per game (>50% of his team's PP TO - 2:30 PP, 2:15 PK) -- those are the TOI stats of a player getting leaned on who his coach really trusts. Does this keep up? Quincey's been pretty volatile, so is this finding his groove or just a temporary situation?

Bergeron: 11 GP, 2 G, 12 P, 18:44 per game (>50% of his team's PP TOI - 2:36, no PK) -- that kind of TOI is more than just the "PP special-ist" that MAB has been in the past... there's been talk of Boucher rounding out his game, so does this stick?

Both of these guys were likely riding waivers in a few leagues to start the season...

Dobber Sports Genius

Bergeron I like to keep up a "relatively" similar stat output. While I doubt either of these guys maintain their current scorching pace (by their standards) Bergeron is a PP expert, and the fact that he is being trusted with more defensive ice-time by his coach and responding well to it. Even in the dog-house he will still be a threat on the man advantage and garner PPP.

Quincey I see more as a hot start however. He has offensive upside, and real nice auxillary stats though even if he settles into the 30-35 point range I expect him too. The worry I have here is Quincey had seen the dog-house more than his fair share of times, and a few -3 outings could very well land him there again. Nice pickup to play the hot hand, or possibly sell high, but I'd be ready to drop him to the wire if things go poorly for a couple games in a row.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ