Thread: Will Nabokov get traded,if so... to where??

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Will Nabokov get traded,if so... to where??

I found it kind of suprising to see the Isles starting Nabokov last night over a red hot Al Montoya,who is undefeated.

im wondering if the Isles are showcasing Nabokov and trying to get another team intersested in a possible trade.You have to think Montoya is the Isles goalie of the future and DiPietro isnt going anywhere because of his contract.

if Nabby gets dealt what team do you think he will end up on?

Columbus is having some major problems in goal with Mason.

other teams that could use goalie help...

Edmonton..im still not sold on Dubnyk,and Khabibulin isnt the answer
    Winnipeg...Pavelec also struggling early on like Mason
    San Jose....his old stomping ground,Nabokov would provide great backup insurance for Niemi
    Tampa Bay...also great backup insurance for aging Rolosson

I think GM Snow might hang onto to him for the time being and you can bet as soon as a big time goalie goes down with injury the teams will come calling.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Before Dipietro got knocked out for the 90th time in 3 years, I would think that a Nabby to Columbus deal would've been very feasable. I can't see it happening now. The Isles don't really have anyone to back up Montoya if they deal Nabby and I doubt they'd want Columbus' backup.

All those other teams don't have the best backups, but they are capable. I can't see them wasting there time trading for Nabby.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Before Dipietro got knocked out for the 90th time in 3 years, I would think that a Nabby to Columbus deal would've been very feasable. I can't see it happening now. The Isles don't really have anyone to back up Montoya if they deal Nabby and I doubt they'd want Columbus' backup.

All those other teams don't have the best backups, but they are capable. I can't see them wasting there time trading for Nabby.
    I thought the Islanders were deep with goalie prospects? Poulin, Koskinen, Nilsson. Didnt all those guys see playing time last year when they had all their goalie health issues? Surely one of those guys are capable of backing up Montoya. The Islanders would be fools to not listen to offers for him and see what kind of return he would bring.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

I think the Isles want to leave the prospects you mentioned in the minors to get some playing time. The ones that were called up last year were done so out of necessity. It doesn't serve them any good to be in the NHL as a backup.

My prediction is that Montoya and Nabokov split games about 50/50 while Nabby is here. I can't see them trading Nabokov until that bum DiPietro comes back and proves he's "healthy" (insert joke here). I definitely don't see them trading Nabby while the awful one is hurt.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I thought the Islanders were deep with goalie prospects? Poulin, Koskinen, Nilsson. Didnt all those guys see playing time last year when they had all their goalie health issues? Surely one of those guys are capable of backing up Montoya. The Islanders would be fools to not listen to offers for him and see what kind of return he would bring.
    yes you are 100% correct.

the Isles have plenty of depth behind Nabokov.

Poulin posted some very respectable numbers last year before he injured his knee and was lost for the season.

in fact, if Poulin was never injured Montoya would probally have never gotten as many starts as he did.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If Roloson keeps betting bombed in Tampa I could see them panic and pull the trigger on a trade for Nabby.

Roly has been awful this season....he gave up 7 goals tonight vs a very offensively weak Panthers team.

Dobber Sports Expert

While as a Nabby owner I'd love to see a Nabokov trade sooner as opposed to later I don't feel it in the cards right now. While Montoya is a young stud starter right now, herein the peril lies, he is young and inexperienced. I don't know if the Isles Club would be confident enough having two young guys as the main go toos on this club. Given neither has playoff experience if the gods see it in the cards for the Isles to reach the playoffs they might need Nabokov, despite his previous playoff efforts
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bromleyhockey View Post
    in fact, if Poulin was never injured Montoya would probally have never gotten as many starts as he did.
    If Poulin hadn't have gotten injured, Montoya likely wouldn't be with the Isles.

That happened after Poulin injured his knee.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There is no rush to trade nabokov. both Poulin and Nilsson have had a rough start at bridgeport with a gaa save % reminiscent of dipietro's numbers last year. I see nabokov starting 25% of the gamesunless Montoya falls apart. Dipietro should just retire at this point. if he got a concussion from a shot to the helmet in practice he is seriously risking his future ability to function as a human being if he continues to play.
    12 team H2H keeper league. Scoring: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blocked shots, PPP, SOG, GWG Goalie categories W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    Keep 13 players and 6 Farm players must be under 24 and played less then 100 NHL career games. If under 24 but played over 100 games they cannot stay on farm but do not have to be protected in off season.
    C: E. Malkin, R. Hartman, M. Zibanejad , J. Eriksson Ek M. Frost
    LW: C. Keller, R.Thomas A. Kempe
    RW: P.Kane, V.Tarasenko T. Bertuzzi
    D: K.Letang, A. Fox, M. Rielly, S. Theodore
    G: [/B], I.Shesterkin, F.Andersen, J. Oettinger

Farm: T. Foerster, A. Holtz, B. Clarke, Tyler Boucher, Lukas Dostal, Mavrik Bourque

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Flan View Post
    There is no rush to trade nabokov. both Poulin and Nilsson have had a rough start at bridgeport with a gaa save % reminiscent of dipietro's numbers last year. I see nabokov starting 25% of the gamesunless Montoya falls apart. Dipietro should just retire at this point. if he got a concussion from a shot to the helmet in practice he is seriously risking his future ability to function as a human being if he continues to play.
    Dipietro can just play under 10 games a year and get paid so why would he call it quits. But I do agree with you that he should just call it a before he gets in worse shape then he already is
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Newbie

no backup to Montoya?? Poulin played 10 games and was amazing for them last year. The only reason Montoya got a chance to play is because Poulin injured his knee cap ending his season. He is a tall french kid who was already touted as their goalie of the future. I would trade Nabokov, buy out useless Dipetro and go with Montoya and Poulin which are both cheap and amazing young goalies.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by THEGALLANTONE33 View Post
    no backup to Montoya?? Poulin played 10 games and was amazing for them last year. The only reason Montoya got a chance to play is because Poulin injured his knee cap ending his season. He is a tall french kid who was already touted as their goalie of the future. I would trade Nabokov, buy out useless Dipetro and go with Montoya and Poulin which are both cheap and amazing young goalies.
    If there's a chance that they can make the playoffs, there's no way the Isles roll with 2 inexperienced goalies. It's just not gonna happen, unless a really good deal comes to them for a player that can help them now. They're prospect pool is overflowing as it is so a draft pick will not help this team in any way. The future is now and they need to make a serious run for the playoffs. There's still way too much question about Monty over the course of a full season.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko