Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012's 1st overall for Giroux?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion and I totally respect that. I think it's how you frame it that matters. If you caveat it by saying "in my opinion" or "I personally think", then there's nothing anyone can really say to dispute that.

But when you make blind sweeping comments like "Giroux will likely never hit 100 points in the NHL, while Yakupov's potential ceiling seems to be well over 100" and pass it on like as if it's fact, then that's just annoying. Especially when you claim something so bold that's not even backed up by any logic or reason and it's surrounding a player who's balls haven't dropped yet and who has never even played a single game.
    Keywords/phrases such as "likely" and "seems to be" signify opinion rather than fact, at least to most people.

There's actually tons of logic behind those statements. There aren't hard facts behind them as I don't think anyone on these boards has traveled back here from the future and told us that Giroux never hits 100 while Yakupov puts up 110, but there's most certainly reasoning to it.

Calling them "blind sweeping statements" is more of a blind sweeping statement than either of those were.
    10 Teams, Keep 15

H2H Categories: G, A, PPP, Hits, Blks, SOG -- W, GAA, SV%, SVs

3C - MacKinnon, Barkov, Vilardi (RW), Bennett, W Johnston
    3LW - Fiala, Jenner, Byfield, Raymond
    3RW - Miller, Jarvis, Kyrou, Debrusk
    5D - Fox, Q Hughes, Matheson, Letang
    2F

2G (max 4) - Vasilevskiy, Woll, Samsonov

8 Farm - L Hughes, M Knies, M Michkov, Z Benson, F Nazar, M Savoie, Annunen (G)

Dobber Sports Stud

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Keep the pick and what for the Superstar. Giroux is just the flavor of the week. Sure the kid is a very good player, but it is so ridicules that we have to keep comparing him to guys who have went or are going to go first overall. Look at the last 10 forwards to go first overall maybe 1 is not a better player then he will ever be. The safe picks are the RNH, Hall, Tavares, Yakupov, Stamkos, Ovie, Crosby, Nash, Kovlchuck's of the world. There is not a GM in the NHL that would consider trading any of them for Giroux and there is a very good chance Yakupov will be the best of them all (minus Cros). I would not be at all surprised if Hall out scores Giroux this year at the same age Giroux was still in the AHL. Paul Stastny had a bigger season then Giroux had last at a younger age. I really don't understand this. He has a 70 some odd point season as a 22 year old is a late first round pick (WTF). The point is Yakupov is going to go 1st overall next year (barring injuy) thus he is the safe pick....

What has Nash done that makes him better than Giroux? DOnt get me wrong. I own them both - but you're dead wrong, IMO. Take a look at their point production, and their respective salaries. Arniel makes that deal 100 times out of 100
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Initiate

for those of you who are putting a cap on Giroux, please watch him play. He has all world talent and it seems to be coming out more and more each year. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at his abilities.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i wouldnt even trade giroux's hockey equipment for yakupov.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i wouldnt even trade giroux's hockey equipment for yakupov.
    Thank you praba! The voice of reason.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    What has Nash done that makes him better than Giroux? DOnt get me wrong. I own them both - but you're dead wrong, IMO. Take a look at their point production, and their respective salaries. Arniel makes that deal 100 times out of 100
    If you read the post I said maybe 1 and that 1 is Nash and Nash has had a 50 goal season if I'm not mistaken and I still personally be leave he is a better player then Giroux. His Gm would not trade him straight up imo. But hell I don't know him, so it is just imo. Have you spoken to Arniel and know something I don't? Nash has also been looked down in a defensive oriented team (system) with out any players of any were near = talent.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion and I totally respect that. I think it's how you frame it that matters. If you caveat it by saying "in my opinion" or "I personally think", then there's nothing anyone can really say to dispute that.

But when you make blind sweeping comments like "Giroux will likely never hit 100 points in the NHL, while Yakupov's potential ceiling seems to be well over 100" and pass it on like as if it's fact, then that's just annoying. Especially when you claim something so bold that's not even backed up by any logic or reason and it's surrounding a player who's balls haven't dropped yet and who has never even played a single game.
    In all reality everyones comments on this site are all opinion regardless how they phrase it. Some are more passionate than other regarding their stance but at the end of the day when discussing performance of professional athletes its purely based on opinion.

You cant even take previous performances that are facts and use them to project future performances. They can give you a good baseline and help form your opinion but its still an opinion.

So regardless how they phrase it, everyone should be looking at comments in this forum as others opinion. We seek out others opinions for many different reasons, whether thats to justify our own, or find those who have more insight that has helped them shape a more educated opinion on the subject.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by TheRook View Post
    In all reality everyones comments on this site are all opinion regardless how they phrase it. Some are more passionate than other regarding their stance but at the end of the day when discussing performance of professional athletes its purely based on opinion.

You cant even take previous performances that are facts and use them to project future performances. They can give you a good baseline and help form your opinion but its still an opinion.

So regardless how they phrase it, everyone should be looking at comments in this forum as others opinion. We seek out others opinions for many different reasons, whether thats to justify our own, or find those who have more insight that has helped them shape a more educated opinion on the subject.
    Smartest thing I've read all day BIG Rep for that!!!

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    If you read the post I said maybe 1 and that 1 is Nash and Nash has had a 50 goal season if I'm not mistaken and I still personally be leave he is a better player then Giroux. His Gm would not trade him straight up imo. But hell I don't know him, so it is just imo. Have you spoken to Arniel and know something I don't? Nash has also been looked down in a defensive oriented team (system) with out any players of any were near = talent.
    Do I know something you don't? Yep. I'm a secret informer with the CBJ. Ha ha, I kid. I kid.

Nash never had a 50 goal season. He's had 41, and 40 respectively. His career ppg is .82

Giroux's ppg is .73, with only playing 2 82 games seasons. So, for eligibility he has played 2 full seasons out of 2.

Giroux makes $3.75m
    Nash makes $7.8m

So - for half the money Giroux's career average is 60 points. Obviously brought down by his rookie year of 42 games. Nash's career average is 67.

Any GM in the league (once again, the beauty of the IMO) would concede 7 points for a savings of over $4 million dollars in cap space.

Am I BEGGING for a Rich Nash breakout? You have no idea. lol. He's been ppg once where it was 79p in 78gp. We need more of this from Ricky. Hopefully he can catch some magic with Carter on the line.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    Do I know something you don't? Yep. I'm a secret informer with the CBJ. Ha ha, I kid. I kid.

Nash never had a 50 goal season. He's had 41, and 40 respectively. His career ppg is .82

Giroux's ppg is .73, with only playing 2 82 games seasons. So, for eligibility he has played 2 full seasons out of 2.

Giroux makes $3.75m
    Nash makes $7.8m

So - for half the money Giroux's career average is 60 points. Obviously brought down by his rookie year of 42 games. Nash's career average is 67.

Any GM in the league (once again, the beauty of the IMO) would concede 7 points for a savings of over $4 million dollars in cap space.

Am I BEGGING for a Rich Nash breakout? You have no idea. lol. He's been ppg once where it was 79p in 78gp. We need more of this from Ricky. Hopefully he can catch some magic with Carter on the line.
    This is a very funny conversation as I just got Giroux in a pool yesterday and don't own Nash in any. At least you know were both arguing out of what we think are the right stances and not just cause our horses are in the race. Even if you think Giroux is Nash = or + (which I certainly do not and don't worry Nash's brakeout season is coming IMO) the other 7 or 8 guys I listed are not even being argued by anyone as being Giroux's =/-. It is fairly evident that Yak's is going to be the first overall pick next year and the Original poster said he was in a complete rebuild for 3 years . That make him the safer and better pick/player imo.

grammar Nazi
    Noun