Thread: Do Trade Or Not?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Do Trade Or Not?

Is for the team in Sig and would see me trading Backstrom/Ladd for Anderson/Seabrook/Paarjavi.Because of Anderson's slow start it would seem to be one to stay clear of but he's better than this and will get bettr right?Seabrook strengthening my defence is what really entices me on this but I want to get soem feedback from guys on this site before making a defence.
    Can-Am Hockey League-3rd Year

14 Team Keeper League

11 Keepers(2011&beyond) 2LW,2RW,2C,4 DEF,1 GOALIE

3 C,3 LW,3 RW,6 DEF,2 GOALIES,6 BENCH,4 IR

6X6-G,A,+/-,SOG,STP,PIM....W,L,SHO,GAA,SVS,SV%

C-Backstrom,Kennedy,Weiss,Turris
    RW-Downie,Hornqvist,Stafford,Ryder,Fleischman
    LW-Vanek,Ladd,Ruutu,Raymond,Semin
    DEF-Bogosian,Karlsson,Gonchar,Chara,Whitney,Voynov

G-Backstrom,Rask,Giguere

Dobber Sports Deity

I can see Anderson getting good points for ya in the saves and save percentage, but no where near the wins that Backstrom will offer. Then again, Minny isnt that stellar right now either. Seabrook would be a good upgrade on your D as he plays PP and Paarjavi could turn into a stud, if he ever learns to score.

Tough call. I guess it all falls back to how good you think Minny is and how many wins Backs will pull ya. If you think Minny is a decent team, I would probably hang onto him, as you can start 2 G. If you think Minny is a so-so team, then it would be a decent deal. We all know Ottawa is terrible, but we also know that Anderson will play a ton and face alot of rubber. Good points for your saves/save %. Not sure if I really helped ya or not, just some random thoughts that roll off my head when I see your delimma.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

You definitely could use an upgrade on D and Seabrook would provide one, but I'm a Hawks fan who doesn't think he'll match what he did last season. He played a lot of PP1 then ahead of Keith, but I'm not so sure that happens this season; in two of three games so far, it's been Keith.

If I were trading two of my starters and the key piece I was getting back was a D-man, I'd want a better one than Seabrook. I like him, but like with his captain, I think his real-life value exceeds his fantasy value.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree Seabrook is the key here, but I think Backstrom is better than Anderson and MN is better than OTT therefore the chances for better stats overall...

Paajarvi is all potential and thus risky to put any value on

So its really Ladd/Backstrom vs. Seabrook/Anderson....I think the gain on Seabrook would not outweigh the loss in Backstrom.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Appreciate all the insightful opinions given.Valid points on all fronts.Something to consider.
    Can-Am Hockey League-3rd Year

14 Team Keeper League

11 Keepers(2011&beyond) 2LW,2RW,2C,4 DEF,1 GOALIE

3 C,3 LW,3 RW,6 DEF,2 GOALIES,6 BENCH,4 IR

6X6-G,A,+/-,SOG,STP,PIM....W,L,SHO,GAA,SVS,SV%

C-Backstrom,Kennedy,Weiss,Turris
    RW-Downie,Hornqvist,Stafford,Ryder,Fleischman
    LW-Vanek,Ladd,Ruutu,Raymond,Semin
    DEF-Bogosian,Karlsson,Gonchar,Chara,Whitney,Voynov

G-Backstrom,Rask,Giguere