Dobber Sports Legend

No dice. You absolutely NEED Goligoski.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Keep Goligoski.

Bogosian is overrated. You will have to wait for Couturier to produce.

Dobber Sports Deity

Its not Couturier he is being offered, its Logan Couture ( if I am not mistaken) and for what its worth, I would consider this. Couture is by far a better option then Prospal. You are giving up some possible points with Goli, but he is also playing on a pretty bad Dallas team. Bogo could still figure out his game and turn into a decent player. I would take a serious look at this offer and would probably in the end accept it. The only real problem is that you are leaving yourself short on the left side and heavy up the middle now as Couture is a centre. You may have to make another deal to suppliment your left wing.
    Just my opinion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm in the middle of fungchen and axeman's answers...

This is Goligoski's 4th year, #1 D-man on Dallas and #1 PP as well with some good talent (Benn, Loui etc.) He has a chance to have a big season.

However, Couture is a good talent also and significantly better than Prospal. He's on the 2nd line with Clowe and gets some PP time also with the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski etc.

Bogosian is still young and may develop if he can get out of Winnipeg or earn some more time there, but right now is not even close to Goligoski. Looking at the roster, Goligoski may be more important to your D than Couture would be for your F.

Another major issue is price since this is a cap league. What is Couture's price and does that transfer in a trade? Having Goligoski at 1 is pretty hard to beat.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    I'm in the middle of fungchen and axeman's answers...

This is Goligoski's 4th year, #1 D-man on Dallas and #1 PP as well with some good talent (Benn, Loui etc.) He has a chance to have a big season.

However, Couture is a good talent also and significantly better than Prospal. He's on the 2nd line with Clowe and gets some PP time also with the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski etc.

Bogosian is still young and may develop if he can get out of Winnipeg or earn some more time there, but right now is not even close to Goligoski. Looking at the roster, Goligoski may be more important to your D than Couture would be for your F.

Another major issue is price since this is a cap league. What is Couture's price and does that transfer in a trade? Having Goligoski at 1 is pretty hard to beat.
    The thing is...he NEEDS Goligoski. Goli is his probably his top D-Man in a start-4D league. Pronger will get banged up and miss time, Elliott isn't even in the league and McBain has been flanking between scratch/start - that leaves Goligoski and Myers as his blocks. Bogosian, can in no way, replace the loss of Goligoski for him.

Crosby is on the verge of returning and I would imagine it's a lot easier for buhockey13 to replace a F than an elite D. I have Couture pegged for 60-65 points this year and Goligoski for 50-56. I think bailing on a top D dog will come back to haunt him.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yeah, fungchen's argument is what I'm thinking as well. His D is thin, and Goligoski at $1 is a steal.

Plus, he's doing fine right now on a Dallas team that is basically in ownership stasis. Hopefully they will be sold soon and the new ownership will invest in a free agent or two to replace Richards and Neal.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Salary values:
    I'm giving: Goligoski ($1), Prospal ($1)
    I'm getting: Couture ($1), Bogosian ($1)

So, salary neutral....

Something else I've been tossing around is trading Myers ($1) instead of Goligoski in the same deal. But not sure I should with the chemistry with pominville's line currently. Or maybe that is a great reason to trade Myers (strike while the iron is hot).
    Baseball Roto Salary Cap keeper leauge:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEpwDpuRHyf1LCPXobQ

Hockey Roto Salary Cap keeper league:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEps3nFZP8glkbGCAlW

Hockey Auction keeper league:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEps3pRqm08iiJukbuk

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by buhockey13 View Post
    Salary values:
    I'm giving: Goligoski ($1), Prospal ($1)
    I'm getting: Couture ($1), Bogosian ($1)

So, salary neutral....

Something else I've been tossing around is trading Myers ($1) instead of Goligoski in the same deal. But not sure I should with the chemistry with pominville's line currently. Or maybe that is a great reason to trade Myers (strike while the iron is hot).
    Where are you going to play Couture when Sid comes back? If it's a start-2C league, I would assume a healthy Sid will be a lock and you will rotate between Couture/Bergeron? Do you think that luxury is worth giving up a Goligoski or Myers who will be a steady start for you? If you're looking for added F depth, are there some feasible options on the wire? I think it's risky bailing on a top D with your current D situation.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Prodigy

good point(s) fungchen.... I have a util slot but as long as pominville (and the rest of his line) stays hot I'll probably keep playing him so fitting couture into the lineup might be tricky...

beginning to back off from this.... time to comb the waiver wire...
    Baseball Roto Salary Cap keeper leauge:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEpwDpuRHyf1LCPXobQ

Hockey Roto Salary Cap keeper league:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEps3nFZP8glkbGCAlW

Hockey Auction keeper league:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEps3pRqm08iiJukbuk

Dobber Sports Ace

Listen to Fungchen; he's making A LOT of sense.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)