Thread: Hemsky for Couturier+

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hemsky for Couturier+

Already completed this trade. just bored and wondering what others think.

My Ales Hemsky for his Sean Couturier, Alexander Khokhlachev, 3rd rounder in 2012.

I'm pretty much fed up with my roster's inability to stay healthy with six certified band-aid boys and three more in training...and Hemsky's one of the biggest offender you can get when it comes to constantly getting hurt.

My biggest concern is that Couturier gets stuck in a Jordan Staal type role in philly because he's so strong defensively and they have a lot of depth at center...but whatever Khokhlachev is no slouch himself so i think it works.

Team is sig.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP GWG W GAA SV% SHO

C: S.Crosby, E.Malkin, J.Spezza
    W: R.Nash, J.Lupul, B.Marchand, P.Mueller, A.Ladd, M.Ryder
    D: M.Green, K.Letang, K.Shattenkirk, B.Seabrook
    U: J.Carter, P.M.Bouchard
    G: J.Halak, N.Backstrom

Bench: R.Johansen, S.Couturier, B.Connolly, E.Kuznetsov, J.Colborne, V.Tarasenko, M.Zibanejad, N.Niederreiter, Z.Boychuk, R.Spooner, M.Perreault, J.Hishon, T.Pulkkinen, A.Khokhlachev, N.Kuchurov, E.Grachev, Z.Hamill, V.Sobotka, N.Filatov, J.Weal, G.Latendresse, L.Korpikoski, B.Pouliot J.Skille R.Rakhshani J.Pitkanen J.Boychuk T.Hickey J.Harding

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by colton44 View Post
    My biggest concern is that Couturier gets stuck in a Jordan Staal type role in philly because he's so strong defensively and they have a lot of depth at center..
    agree with this in the short term; i think he'll be a really solid two way forward; not sure about his offensive upside or when he'll really contribute for offensive production. How long can you stash him on your farm? might even be worth shopping him immediately to see what's out there.

IF Hemsky stays healthy(a big if); he's almost a ppg player, but i'm not counting on him staying healthy and i own him. I don't think you really lost much with him. I don't know anything about Khoklachev, so i can't comment there; but overall, not a bad trade by the looks of it.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I can pretty much keep Couturier indefinitely without losing out on anything.

i don't know a ton about Khokhlachev either but the little i saw of him with boston he showed a lot of offensive ability.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty

Bench: R.Johansen, S.Couturier, B.Connolly, E.Kuznetsov, J.Colborne, V.Tarasenko, M.Zibanejad, N.Niederreiter, Z.Boychuk, R.Spooner, M.Perreault, J.Hishon, T.Pulkkinen, A.Khokhlachev, N.Kuchurov, E.Grachev, Z.Hamill, V.Sobotka, N.Filatov, J.Weal, G.Latendresse, L.Korpikoski, B.Pouliot J.Skille R.Rakhshani J.Pitkanen J.Boychuk T.Hickey J.Harding

Dobber Sports Genius

Your concern with regards the Staal comparison is reasonable, though I wouldn't let it bother me. All together it looks like a nice package for a guy who spends as much time on the IR as he does on the Boxscore.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

well there ya go. 9 hours after i trade him he hurts his shoulder and is out of the game..he lasted all the way to the 3rd game of the season.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The only way this trade hurts you is if Hemsky gets traded at the dealine to a contender because he's a UFA at season's end.

I think its a good deal long term.