Thread: Ennis

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Ennis

Hey Dobberites. I believe I have a good shot at competing this year so I'm trying to make some minor roster tweaks to my pro club/farm team to maximize the amount of games I play weekly. Think of my farm team as an extended bench that I can call up if I have the cap space. I am looking at acquiring Ennis, however the owner is interested in Karlsson. I was thinking of an offer of Karlsson/Tatar for his Ennis/Clitsome. Now while some of you will say that Tatar has worth next year I am in agreeance with you, however is his upside much higher (if at all) than Ennis' ?

I could possibly include Carlson instead of Karlsson, but I'm not sure about Ottawa for this year and my 2 D keepers are Letang and Green. What do you think I should do considering I'm trying to win this year? Also do you feel that win now is out of my reach for this year?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Genius

I feel like its a pretty big overpayment to give Karlsson+Tatar for Ennis + Clitsome personally.

I like Karlsson a lot more than Ennis, and Tatar/Clitsome is likely a wash on a 1 year basis, but if you can keep Tatar as a farmer I'd edge him there as well. If you can get a better D upgrade than Clitsome in the package it would make more sense.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm nit big on this move. You're basically acquiring a second line forward for a #1 dman albeit on a so so team. I think Karlssons upside is through the roof and he could push 50+ points even this year.
    To me this seems like an overpayment and I would want to get someone wih a bit of a higher upside for this year than Ennis if I was trying to compete for the title this year.

EDIT: I agree with Laendarian, I think you could probably aim for a bit better D than Clitsome to challenge this season.
    Last edited by MGW; October 8, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
    16-team Keeper, Keep 7
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, BS, PIM, PPG, PPA, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux (RW), Shore, Fisher, Schwartz
    LW: Couture (C), Benn (C), Killorn (C), Malone
    RW: Yakupov, Voracek, Clowe (LW), Downie (LW), Vrbata, Hornqvist, Callahan
    D: Schultz, Gudas, Gardiner, Kindl, Trouba, Ballard
    G: Rask, Emery, Lehner, Lack

Dobber Sports Legend

Smokie I would NOT trade Karlsson - I think he's close to being an elite offensive D-Man.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Smokie,
    I would agree with the previous guys, Karlsson is the guy to be keeping here

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeah, even with his minus 3 over the past couple games he still blew most D men in the league out of the water. I'm gonna sit on him unless I get some kind of upgrade. His peripherals over the past couple games have been nice as well. I know it's a small sample size only 2 games in, but it's reassuring to know his +- isn't going to be as detrimental as I thought it would be in a points league.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co