Thread: Riemer real deal?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Riemer real deal?

Hey guys,
    This Sunday is my draft and I traded my first round pick for Nick Backstrom great trade for me. But it will be slim pickings in the 2nd round. Do you think Riemer is the real deal? He did so good for me towards the end of the year. He might be their in the 2nd round that's why I am asking. Thanks as always
    11 Team Keeper League G/A/PPG/PPA/SHG/SHA/GWG/+/-/PIM Goalies: Minutes Played Wins Win/Loss % Save Percentage GGA SO. 16 players total on each team. But only 6 total holdovers allowed 5 forwards and or defensemen and 1 goalie.

Holdovers: Duchene, Yakupov, Eberle, Benn, Giroux, Price

Starting fowards: Duchene, Giroux, Benn, Brad Richards , Eberle,MacKinnon
    Starting Defensemen: Campbell, Enstrom, Vlasic , Edler
    Goalies: Smith, Price
    Bench: Yakupov, Ward,Carlson, Nash

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm personally not sold on reimer. He's only got 35 games in the nhl, and plays for a team that will at best make the playoffs.

Are there any other possible goalies available?
    2015-16 One Year League
    14 team
    12 cats weekly H2H

O cats: G / A / + - / PIMS / STP / GWG / SOG / HITS / BLKS
    G cats: WINS / # of SVS / GAA
    9 Fwd, 5 D, 1 Util, 2 Goalies, 4 Bench, 1 IR

Fwds: Giroux, Seguin, Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Steen, T.Hall, Saad, Belesky, Zucker, Barkov, Strome, K.Palmieri, Hudler,
    D: Giordano, Boychuk, Bogosian, Bieksa, M.Stone, B.Orpik, C.Miller (dropping tmrw)
    G: Crawford, C.Anderson
    IR: M.Fisher

Dobber Sports Ninja

What I saw last night was pretty ugly lol.

I would also like to know who is available. Guys like Backstrom, Anderson, Pavelec, Roloson, etc. tend to be underrated and I'd rather have any of those four over Reimer.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Banned

i wouldn't want anything to do with him as one of my starting goalies...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by redsono93 View Post
    Hey guys,
    This Sunday is my draft and I traded my first round pick for Nick Backstrom great trade for me. But it will be slim pickings in the 2nd round. Do you think Riemer is the real deal? He did so good for me towards the end of the year. He might be their in the 2nd round that's why I am asking. Thanks as always
    Since everyone seems to be against him, I will be the lone voice for him.

Reimer was not very good in the first period last night but he improved significantly over the next two. Despite that he's been solid in the preseason.

There are better options out there for sure. Backstrom, Pavelec, Roloson are better so if you can pick them. However I wouldn't be so quick to judge Reimer.

Everywhere he's gone, he's been a top goalie. He was in the WHL, the ECHL, the AHL and he was last year (albeit in limited games) in the NHL. He has the talent and the mindset to be able to deal with the position. His defense hurts him, but by all accounts it should be better this year.

He's a risk. I won't deny that, but he very well could be a starter with some high upside. More than likely he plays like Jaro Halak did last year. I think its highly unlikely he doesn't succeed at this level after doing it at every other level. He also just has a confident team in front of him, which itself can't be discounted.

If your looking for a potential home run pick, go after him but it does come with risks.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Giant

id take him.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I picked him as my third goalie in a one year league. I have a good feeling about him personally and as far as his team goes, you could do a lot worse. Toronto looks to be a fringe playoff team so that's not bad.

There's risk associated with him, but high upside too.