Thread: Drop one for Dubnyk?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Drop one for Dubnyk?

Team in sig.

Our draft was other night. Available goalies went FAST! Best I could get was Mason. Would love another G but am nervous about if Dubnyk is really going to get enough opportunities. I was thinking about dropping either Flash or Lupul (or suggestion) and grab Dubnyk off the wire. I could also drop both and pick up the EDM handcuff as Khabi is available too.

Is this worth it? Predictions on numbers seem to say do it but I would love some advice either way.

Thanks a lot.
    8 Team H2H 4 Keepers, Roster of 20
    Nightly Lineup: Play 12 (6-7F, 4D, 1-2G)
    Stats: G(4), A(2), +/-(1), SOG(.5), PIM(.5), PPG(1), SHG(2), GWG(2), SHOG(1), W(5), SO(5), SVs(.2)

F: Neal, Eberle, Benn, Wheeler, MacKinnon, Marleau, Huberdeau, Lucic, Silfverberg, Hartnell, Stepan
    D: DelZotto, Edler, Green, Wideman
    G: Rask, Price, Dubnyk, Nabokov, Fasth

Dobber Sports All-Star

I wouldn't do it. Your scoring cats are not in Dubnyk's favor if he splits with Khabibulin this year and Edmonton won't win enough to make the handcuff worth it. On top of that, in a keep 7 you most likely wouldn't keep him anyway.

That being said, if Lupul or Flash stink it up for the 1st 1/4 and he's still there, he may be worth a shot.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Administrator

I think you can safely drop Brouwer. If you compare their numbers last season Dubnyk scored 272 fantasy points while Brouwer scored just 201. You could be optimistic about improvements for Brouwer next season but you'd have to be similarly optimistic for Dubnyk. I also think Dubnyk simply has more upside and goalies in general have more potential to swing upwards if they get starts. Plus goalies are the much scarcer commidity. I'll put it this way, there are probably a million Brouwer's available on the waiver wire but only a couple Dubnyk's. So yeah drop Brouwer grab Dubnyk.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Newbie

Careful with brower as will be top 2 lines rw in washington and just played on the top line.