Thread: 9/28/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default 9/28/11 - Studs & Duds

Studs & Duds
    September 28th 2011

Apologize for the delay, hectic morning.

Dobber nailed my three Studs and HM in his lengthy ramblings!

Studs

3)Shot Mob

For those that know me, I really like the goal scoring, high shot taking players. The other night Max Pacioretty recorded 9 shots on goal, the most of the preseason. That number was tied again last night via Thomas Fleishmann - one goal, one assist, nine SOG, and one blocked shot.

It wasn't just Fleishmann who fired tons of rubber last night, as Lehtonen stopped 43 of 46 shots taken by the Panthers. Dallas was outshot 26-3 in the third period alone.

2) Young Stars

Taylor Hall & Ryan Nugent-Hopkins both combined on all three Edmonton goals. Great things ahead in Edmonton.

"All three of us gelled together pretty quick and it paid off, I love playing with those guys, It's a ton of fun," Nugent-Hopkins said after his second game with Hall, "They make things easier for me because they played here last year, I'm just reading off them,"

Hall had two goals, one PPA, plus-two, four SOG, two PIM, three takeaways
    RHN had a PPG, two assists, plus-two, two SOG, one blocked shot
    Eberle had one assist, plus-two, four SOG.

"Ryan is a passer, He can certainly do that," Renney said, "The good thing about the kid is that he knows where the net is himself, They were a very effective line tonight,"

1) Grabo the Mano at Numero Uno

Another solid performance by Grabovski last night - one shorthanded goal, two assists, plus-three, three SOG, one takeaway. That makes him good enough to be tied for first in preseason scoring with three goals and three assists in four games played. He shares it with Matt Read, PHI, and class act Patrick O'Sullivan, PHX. Both have recorded two goals, four assists in four games played.

HM:

After taking a game break, the trio of Heatley, Setoguchi and Koivu were back combining for five points on three goals. This brings their total to thirteen points in two games played. Is this just a preseason myth, or can they continue to roll into the season with this newly made chemistry?

Chris Neil - two assists last night gives him four points in three games played.
    Zack Smith - one goal (third of preseason), one assist, plus-two, three SOG and two hits.
    Henrik Karlsson - shutout against NYI. Albeit weak NYI team and only thirteen shots against.

Duds

3) Bad Boys in San Jose

As many of you know, the San Jose administration put out a new clothing policy. Check out this thread for more.

1) Fragile Ankles

Both Ryan Whitney and Sam Gagner are currently out of the line up with ankle injuries.

As per rotoworld.com -

Ryan Whitney (ankle) has still not been given the green light to participate in contact drills.
    Edmonton's Sam Gagner is out on a week-to-week basis after spraining his ankle in Saturday's game against Calgary.

Just a heads up!

1) Dyzfunctioned selects Marcus Foligno #1 overall

In a flurry to get the 15th GM into the Norris draft, Dyzfunctioned jumped in. Only thing is that we were a few seconds too late and Dyz was assigned Marcus Foligno 5th overall.

While his team may be a write-off, I have given him the greatest challenge of all. If he can somehow manage to win the league, without a proper first round pick, he will be a legend in my books.

Quick Hits

Giving you some good reading material!

Great read! Toronto: The Worst Sports City in the World (according to Grantland) - http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...rts-city-world

Apparently Pekka Rinne really wants to stick in Nashville - http://www.smashville247.net/2011/09...medium=twitter

Other Predators news, Gabriel Bourque is receiving rave reviews from the coaching staff. http://bit.ly/ppXMxA

From PuckDaddy: Suspect charged in Wayne Simmonds banana-throwing affair http://yhoo.it/nZJvgF

and finally @dtolensky Daniel Tolensky - Still find it bizarre that the Governor of an NHL team (LA) is openly trying to bring an NHL team to another city (KC): http://bit.ly/r4ZrM4

GMG signing off!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Can't believe you put Foligno in there. Haha.

Man, worst draft of my life. If my grade A forwards group, led by Foligno, doesn't win it for me, then my A+ goaltending tandem of Kipper, Pavelec, Smith, and Nabokov will!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lol, dyz is a dud. Hilarious.

Why was Marcus Foligno the first autodrafted option?
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Lol, dyz is a dud. Hilarious.

Why was Marcus Foligno the first autodrafted option?
    He jumped in as the dummy commish to be the 15th team. The entry leagues usually have 15 teams + commish for 16 teams.

Dummy Commish's role is to sport a team of guys that won't affect the draft.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates