Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zac Dalpe

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zac Dalpe

I am in the 4th year of a keeper league and have 3 picks in the first round. I already have Landskog on my team. here is my question, will Dalpe be a regular on the top 2 lines of the Canes next year? I like the idea of taking him because I feel he could be a Jeff Skinner. I am stacked at LW with Sedin Vanek and Landskog, wondering if I should take an early shot at the kid? Let me know your thoughts!

Dobber Sports Pro

If you have already addressed your team's needs, absolutely. Worst case is bust and drop for a WW pickup. Best case is Calder Trophy. Might as well!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Thats what I thought. I have Eriksson who is a dual LW RW and Centers are Zajac Sedin Crosby. I pick 3rd 5th and 8th overall. looking to take Mikko Koivu 3rd then maybe go with a good dman. we are upping our keepers from 12-15. only guys im deciding between taking at that 8th overall pick are Dalpe Kane Boychuk Okposo...let me know what you guys think. also goalies are a non issue as I have Neimi Rinne Luongo and we need 6 men I kept Letang and am looking at one in the first round as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

I actually like Okposo out of the options you listed. I know he was dinged up last year but I still have faith in him being one of the top scorers for the Islanders. I think he will get to 20 goals and maybe push for 25 with some health this season. I am not really on board the Dalpe train though I do think he has talent. I just dont see lightning striking twice in Carolina.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Word out of Raleigh is that Dalpe is spending a lot of time on the top line with Staal. There is hesitation to break up the very successful line from last year of Jokinen-Ruutu-Skinner and they don't want to relegate the highly valued prospect to bottom six duty. I would imagine this can't do anything but help Dalpe's value.
    8 teams, H2H daily start league
    Keep 5, max 1 goalie

Skaters - G (3 pts), A (2), PPG (1), PPA (0.5), SHG (2), SHA (1), GWG (2), HT (5), PIM (0.3), Hits (0.1), BS (0.2)
    Goalies - W (5), OTL (2), GA (-1), SV (0.2), SO (3)

F (17, Start 12): Ovechkin, Tavares, Seguin, McDavid, Couture, Toffoli, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Scheifele, Schenn, Stepan, Voracek, Wheeler, Fabri, E. Kane, Galchenyuk, Barkov, Stastny, Spezza (IR), Sheary (IR)
    D (5, Start 4): Giordano, Schultz, Markov, Phaneuf, Shattenkirk
    G (3, Start 2): Holtby, Lundqvist, Johnson

Dobber Sports Stud

Take Okposo or Kane, no-brainer IMO.
    Dalpe IS NOT Jeff Skinner. He is, at best, a 65 pt winger/center IN HIS PRIME. I'm not drinking the Dobber kool-aid on this guy for the Calder.

One PPG season as a junior in college? Just below PPG at the AHL level? He's got to show some more dominance for me to hop on the Dalpe for Calder bandwagon.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Okposo is definitely the guy to be taking here. Kane's an alright pick as well but I don't think he's there yet. Either way, Okposo and Kane are much better selections than Dalpe.....DEFINITELY.

Dobber Sports Guru

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/...-on-staal-line

Article re Dalpe on Staal's line. Last nigth and again today at practice

Dobber Sports Guru

Okposo first, for sure. And surely that is Evander Kane, right? I'd lean towards him too.

Last night I watched the CAR-WPG game (from Monday maybe?), specifically watching for Dalpe and some of the other young Canes.

First, seems like he was mainly playing as a winger (me likey!). By the 3rd he was playing with Staal and did not look out of place at all. He's still on the light side, but the puck seems to find him a lot and outside of his first shift or two I don't think I saw him make a bad play. Coaches love those players who maintain puck possession.

His shot is wicked and smartly placed. Skating is above average for sure. And he won his share of board battles.

I think this kid is a player. He was clearly a level below Staal and Jokinen, for example, but looked right at home compared to Skinner (granted, Skinner makes his money around the net, but Dalpe is probably a superior player right now on the rest of the rink).

Calder? I don't know about that. But I think by the end of this season we'll be regarding him as near equivalent to Evander Kane.

Dobber Sports Pro

Dalpe will probably start the season as Staal's RW. Sometimes these things last 2 games. If they win, it will be extended. And perhaps Dalpe can firmly establish himself. If they lose, shakeups occur and who knows where he ends up in the line combos. Interesting that Poni is on Staal's LW as they want a big body there. Doesnt Maurice know that Poni is too soft?

Positionally I need a rw bad! Only other options out there are Dustin Brown Jakub Voracek. I have 2 other first round picks. Feel taking a chance on him will be a ga,ble but y have to take risks right? I'm not sure of many sleeper rw out there.
    Yahoo keeper (10) 10 TEAMS Standard Scoring
    G(5) A(3) Pims(.25) Shots(.1) Blocks(.1) GWG(3) SHG(3) PPG(1) +-(1) W(10) L(-5) GA(-1) Saves(.2) SO(10)
    3 C 3 RW 3 LW 6 D 2 G 5 Bench 2 IR 1 IR+

C: Thornton Datsyuk (LW) Eakin Nylander (RW)
    LW: Gaudraue Pacioretty Galchenyuk (LW) Burakovsky
    RW: Stone Williams Kucherov Jagr
    D: Subban Muzzin E. Ekman-Larsson Vatanen Paryako J. Schultz
    G: Elliot Luongo F.Anderson C.Johnson
    IR: Schneider Seguin (C)

Dobber Sports Stud

Why on earth would you pick a sleeper when proven guys like Okposo, Brown, Kane, and Voracek are on the board?
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dape02 View Post
    Positionally I need a rw bad! Only other options out there are Dustin Brown Jakub Voracek. I have 2 other first round picks. Feel taking a chance on him will be a ga,ble but y have to take risks right? I'm not sure of many sleeper rw out there.
    Isn't Okposo a RW?
    Take him. Haha

Hell, D.Brown and Voracek are good options as well. You will be fine.

Meant not sure if I can wait on my need for a RW to find sleepers in later rounds. If Voracek and Okposo are there they are my pick For sure. Just feel maybe Dalpe has a bigger upside.
    Yahoo keeper (10) 10 TEAMS Standard Scoring
    G(5) A(3) Pims(.25) Shots(.1) Blocks(.1) GWG(3) SHG(3) PPG(1) +-(1) W(10) L(-5) GA(-1) Saves(.2) SO(10)
    3 C 3 RW 3 LW 6 D 2 G 5 Bench 2 IR 1 IR+

C: Thornton Datsyuk (LW) Eakin Nylander (RW)
    LW: Gaudraue Pacioretty Galchenyuk (LW) Burakovsky
    RW: Stone Williams Kucherov Jagr
    D: Subban Muzzin E. Ekman-Larsson Vatanen Paryako J. Schultz
    G: Elliot Luongo F.Anderson C.Johnson
    IR: Schneider Seguin (C)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    Why on earth would you pick a sleeper when proven guys like Okposo, Brown, Kane, and Voracek are on the board?
    Exactly my thoughts. Makes absolutely no sense.

Too many people want to discover the "next young thing". My advice: DON'T.

Take one of the more proven guys and go for the win.