Thread: article ideas

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default article ideas

with the off-season soon upon us, are there any specific article topics you want me to cover (with a Western slant, of course). I\'d love to cover what you want to see.

cheers.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re:article ideas

I don’t know if you like to get into this type of stuff but how about some speculation about starting goalies. I would say I am unsure about what will happen in about half of the western conference team’s nets. I want to know who will be the starters, who will do well and where platoons will exist.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have seen some peeps posting about rebuilding teams and how they are looking to be in the running in a couple years. On that note it would be great to see an article that talks about designing your team and what the fundamentals are for winning it all(ex. not to many kids with some key vets would make a championship lineup), types of core groups to keep you close to the top and what or when is the right time to make a move to push you over the top. I know this wouldn\'t be geared to the west and east coast idea but input from knowledgeable peeps is always a good thing lol.

For myself i\'m sitting with what looks to be a half decent core group but the question marks are continously plagueing me. Are my guys the right mix or will i be floating in the middle of the pack for the next 5 years.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

both are interesting ideas. The goalie one will be covered for sure this summer. I\'d love to continue to discuss the other one further.. What I was thinking is maybe break down by drafts of last season pick by pick (listing good picks, who I could have taken, what I was thinking in regards to my league\'s scoring system, etc)

interest in that?

Dobber Sports Stud

I would love to see any of these ideas
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Like the sound of that. Nice to get an idea of what others think and their value systems. Never ceases to surprise me how different we can all think on different players. I\'ll be looking forward to it.

Hockey aside, how are things going out there, seen the news and the floods are popping up all over, spent 8 years in Chilliwack and wondering how the lower mainland is fairing. Hope all is well.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Why don\'t you talk about the old timer?

What can we expect from a guy like Joe Sakic? How many season before he decline?

We have prospect report to learn about the kid, but we don\'t have a lot of information about when a player will stop to score a lot of goals.

Thanks

Rebbod

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

87Flyer wrote:
    Like the sound of that. Nice to get an idea of what others think and their value systems. Never ceases to surprise me how different we can all think on different players. I\'ll be looking forward to it.

Hockey aside, how are things going out there, seen the news and the floods are popping up all over, spent 8 years in Chilliwack and wondering how the lower mainland is fairing. Hope all is well.
    I live fairly close to the river, but not near the danger areas. Seems like their is the potential for some damage in the coming days/weeks.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I have a dispersal draft coming up later on in June for one of my keeper leagues. We keep nine players and one goalie from our roster (12 forwards, 6 defense, 2 goalies) and the rest are entered into a dispersal draft. Players have to have at least one NHL game played or they are saved for the prospect draft which is later on in the summer.

Might decide to cover that.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I always love to see the look back. Everyone focuses on the pre-season rankings but maybe some analysis on the busts from last year might help some people stay clear of potential busts this year.

Obviously keeping with the western theme of your articles, is there any research done on guys who switch conferences in the offseason, either thru trade or FA? I\'ve heard some do better adjusting than others might be worth a piece on some guys who thrive/whither with a new postal code.

Keep up the good work!
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07