Thread: Quick and Bernier this year?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Quick and Bernier this year?

Hey guys! With all this movement up from for LA. What does that mean for Quick and Bernier? I'm a Quick owner and want Bernier MOVED! Does Quick get majority this year or are they going to use them both? How many wins, Starts and SO are we looking at for the Q?

I was really hoping Bernier was going to be traded in the off season. Thanks in advance! Cheers
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

Dobber Sports Pro

Quick should still get most of the starts. I see a 40 wins 2.30 gaa 920 Sv% 6 shutouts this season in 60-65 games. I think Bernier gets around 20-25 mark. Something like Vancouver last year. I think with the new additions in L.A both goalies will see better stats. I see the Kings being near the top of the West this season.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by nicka_004 View Post
    Quick should still get most of the starts. I see a 40 wins 2.30 gaa 920 Sv% 6 shutouts this season in 60-65 games. I think Bernier gets around 20-25 mark. Something like Vancouver last year. I think with the new additions in L.A both goalies will see better stats. I see the Kings being near the top of the West this season.
    I support this assessment. Quick is the starter in LA. I don't see Bernier being moved before the trade deadline at the earliest.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I feel the same way. He is money in our league. top 5.
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

Marc-Andre Fleury

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

Dobber Sports Star

Quick owner as well.

That looks pretty much bang on. Quick will start 60 and win two for every one he loses. I read an interview with Lombardi, who said he likes the tandem, as they push each other, so I guess there is always the risk of JB taking over.

However, this team is close and they will ride the more experienced Quick and try to make a run.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would expect season from Quick this year as last. He is clearly the starter and Lombardi has clearly hinted that way as well. Bernier is obviously a great talent, but I wouldn't let his presence bother you too much.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, I wouldn't expect Bernier to knock him out as I think LA feels that Quick is there man for the foreseeable future. If anything, they may trade Bernier for another quality player as he's a stud. He has the skills to be a number 1, but the LA brass is firmly behind Quick. I had Bernier all last season and he did steal starts at the end of the season, but that was mostly to help rest Quick for the playoffs. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Stud

Just wanted to chime in - most everyone thought Bernier would have to be moved for the Kings to get the offensive talent they needed around Kopitar. Without moving him, they had one of the best offseasons of any franchise in recent memory. Crazy, isn't it?
    16-team H2H Dynasty
    G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

3C - Roy, Berglund, Horcoff, Gerbe, Adam,
    3LW - Sedin, Comeau, Dubinsky, Comeau, Foligno
    3RW - Hemsky, Grabner, Hudler, Boyes
    6D - Boyle, Shattenkirk, McBain, Gilbert, Demers, Russell, Coburn, Spurgeon
    IR - Crosby, Regin, McDonald
    1G - Ward, Dubnyk, Elliot

Farm:

C - Bjugstad, Perreault
    LW - Bowman, Bartschi
    RW - Machacek, Repik, Noesen, Ritchie, Catenacci
    D - Gustafsson, Klefbom
    G - Bachman, Greiss, Karlsson, Lindback

Dobber Sports Star

Ya, as much as I love the Gagne signing (longtime, often suffering owner) in LA, I was kinda hoping that the Kings would ship Bernier to land a stud fwd, to ease any Quick-Bernier issue (for me). I think they are pretty much done dealing now.

I agree with the rest though, Quick is the man in LA as much as Luongo is in Vancouver. Hopefully, a Price/Halak situation comes up when one of them has to go. Pretty sure it wont be Quick.
    Last edited by loco man; July 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblue94 View Post
    Just wanted to chime in - most everyone thought Bernier would have to be moved for the Kings to get the offensive talent they needed around Kopitar. Without moving him, they had one of the best offseasons of any franchise in recent memory. Crazy, isn't it?
    For sure man. It pays to stock your cabinets full of quality prospects, then losing a few of them here and there doesn't hurt you as much.

As for my opinion on Quick and Bernier, I wasn't much of a believer half a year ago that Quick would be able to fend off Bernier, but what I'm thinking right now is as locoman alluded to, I see this situation in LA very similar to what went down in Vancouver this year. Quick starting ~60 games and Bernier starting 20-25.

Justin Goldman has been emphasizing the importance of a good goalie tandem, and to me this is one of the best in the league along with Luongo/Schneider, Thomas/Rask, Vokoun/Neuvirth.

That being said, Quick better watch his back though. He's gotta prove with his play that he is that #1 dog in LA.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblue94 View Post
    I'll tell you something. I've been Brain washed by my father when I was a kid with the leafs. I've been a TRUE leaf fan since 79 lol.... But man. I'm so excited to watch the Kings play this season. I'm really rooting for them in the west.

Oh ya almost forgot. It's the leafs year to win.... Blah blah blah.. He he he

Marc-Andre Fleury

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013