Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Havlat/Heatley traded

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    I use qualitative analysis first and most heavily and then back up the qualitative assertions I make with statistics to further validate my points.

Most everyone else on the other hand uses quantitative analysis (ie; statistics) and then tries to draw assertions about stuff based upon that without ever truly understand why or how the numbers they produced (which occur after the fact) were generated in the first place and there in a nut shell is one of the core reasons I have regular conflicts about assertions I make since we don't go about making assertions on things the same way. Plus i'm also "arrogant" because I choose to defend what I state and why I state it and refute invalid "qualitative assertions" based on "quantitive analysis" as well in the process. That is what goes on on my end vs. most everyone else on a daily basis coupled with the odd troll here and there.
    qualitative analysis means fṳck all if you have zero quality in your stats...this is why your whole methodology is fundamentally flawed

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    I am still not sure which player is the injured one, which player was misused, which player wants to be the man, which player was dogging it etc.....
    Heatley sure looked damn good with Marleau and Thorton before the supposed injuries last year. Havlat was brought in to be MINs "scorer" and led the team in scoring but never clicked with Koivu.
    What I do know is that one is going to a "better" team that has gone nowhere in the last few years. The other is going to a "weaker" team that has now improved its offense but still needs some work on its D.

I hope it works out for both teams so we see more trades in the future.

I am still willing to take Heatley and his 64 point horrible season last year over Havlat's solid 62 points. I know Havlat will have better linemates but so will Koivu, who may be exactly what Heatley needs.
    After a gargantuan amount of posts and "you don't understand what I'm saying", "yes I do, you just don't get me", "the World doesn't get me", I was trying to think of what I could say on this trade, until Chuk said it best. My favourite post in this thread. Exactly how I feel. Atomic Wedgy said something to the effect that we don't have all the info which I believe is very true in this case (like in the Mike Richards deal).

+1 Chuk.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

I traded Heatley this offseason because I was concerned about the direction his career was going. I knew he had a sub-par season, but I thought that his value was still high enough and that people would still give him the benefit of the doubt. This wouldn't be the case if he had another sub-par season and continued his slide.

It was a gamble on my part and the fact that Heatley has now been traded and is saying all the right things "going to get in shape" and "going to prove people wrong" has me a little worried for this upcoming season. That said, a tiger doesn't change his stripes and I think Heatley's character and history indicate to me a player whose prime will end early and his production levels will not bounce back. It's a shame, too, because the guy is an amazing finisher, something I saw first-hand at 2008 worlds when he lit it up with Rick Nash and Ryan Getzlaf.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Interesting take on Heatley deal

From a guy who wrote a book about Heatley/Snyder in Atlanta.

http://www.foxsportssouth.com/07/05/...03&feedID=4354
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.

Dobber Sports Ace

And another take on the career/decline of Dany Heatley.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/0...-dany-heatley/
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league