Thread: Price for Howard...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Price for Howard...

I'm in a 24 team, 25 man full keeper league. Each team can keep three goalies once the season begins. The league is also a salary cap league when player contracts equal their NHL contract ($1mil = $1) except for goalies who contract is double.

My current goalies are:
    Bryzgalov (Philly good...contract...ouch)
    Howard
    Holtby
    Harding

Goalie categories are Wins, Sv% and GAA

While I think my goalies are strong, I am thinking of trying a Howard/Harding for Price deal. What are your thoughts? Big enough difference to start there and see how it goes?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh god if you can swing that then hells yeah.
    I think you're going to offer quite a bit more than Howard + backup, but you could start there and see what the feedback is.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't mean this in a bad way because I understand what you are trying to do, but I think you are dreaming to think that offer will touch Price.

The deal I think you should offer is Bryz and Harding - if you think Harding actually has some currency in your league. He might with 24 teams and the possibility of 3 goalies held by each team. Does the other guy have 3 goalies now? i would even part with Holtby if the guy values him more.

Howard is great value for 2 more seasons, Price only 1 more season. But Bryz and a big contract for Price next year might cripple you but you could manage Price and Howard. The cap break you would get on Bryz would make the deal worthwhile for sure.
    Last edited by Shoeless; July 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM.