Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk or Tarasenko, Johansen, Kuznetsov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    You don't think you're overestimating the instant impact of the younger three just a smidge there?
    Maybe a touch but I think at the very least Yakupov and Galchenyuk can make an instant impact in the NHL.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I am just going to wait 12 months and re-visit this thread. You know how I feel right now and I KNOW that these kids are special

Good luck getting the three youngens this cheap next year. Tarasenkos and kuznetsovs value will not be any more in a year

For anyone to say that someone is "overrating" a particular group is naïve. All six players are "prospects". IMO not one of these kids is that much more "proven" than the next

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Considering that most leagues will have to wait more than a year to even have a chance at drafting these kids, I think the point is pretty moot

History is full of risers and fallers in the year leading up to the draft.

If Tarasenko blows people's socks off in the NHL in 11/12, I can guarantee you that his value will be A LOT higher than it is right now. Same with Johansen and same with Kuznetzov in the KHL. Their value has hardly peaked.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

I would also comment that both Tarasenko and Kuznetsov have fairly extensive (and quality) experience playing against men, whereas the other names do not. That's a huge differentiator in my eyes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    I would also comment that both Tarasenko and Kuznetsov have fairly extensive (and quality) experience playing against men, whereas the other names do not. That's a huge differentiator in my eyes.
    I find that it is an advantage but not a huge one. It's against men but it's still pretty different than playing against men in North America.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I am just going to wait 12 months and re-visit this thread. You know how I feel right now and I KNOW that these kids are special

Good luck getting the three youngens this cheap next year. Tarasenkos and kuznetsovs value will not be any more in a year

For anyone to say that someone is "overrating" a particular group is na�ve. All six players are "prospects". IMO not one of these kids is that much more "proven" than the next
    Yes the others are more proven because Yakupov and Galchenyuk have only played 1 season of junior hockey. Let's see what they do in their second year. Tarasenko and Kuznetsov have played in arguably the second/thrid best league in the world, and Johansen has had a great year in his second season, and has the WJ experience already.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I see your arguments but both Tarasenko and Kuznetsov carry almost as much risk (if not more)

They are all great prospects so you can't really go wrong with either group. Theres more risk with the Yakupov group but also more reward.

It will be interesting to re-visit this discussion in a few years. I could look like a donkey or a genius haha