Thread: Multi-stats 2011 draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Multi-stats 2011 draft

Hi all ! It's easy to find the something of the best player for pts only. But I want and edge and adjust my drafting sheet to MY leagues categories (see in sig). So what will be like your top 20 with those stats ?

Thanks !
    10Player(17keeper+20farm)
    G,Hit,SB,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG,W,Sv%,GAA,SHO,S

Forward : Ericksson,Lucic,Landeskog,Hartnell,Vanek,Dubinsky, Paajarvis,Clune,Beleskey,Crosby,Backstrom,Malkin,B ackes,Giroux,Grigorenko,Nyquist,Grabovski,Forsberg ,Granlund,Henrique,Shinkaruk,Jarnkrok,Brunner,Wenn berg,Iginla,Stewart,Niederreiter,Silverberg,Connol y,Vey,Hartman,Ovechkin,Eberle,Tarasenko,Okposo

Denfense : Carle,Diaz,Gormley,Reinhart,Ekholm,Vatanen,Gudas,Z adorov,Weber,Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,

Goaltender : Fleury,Bishop,Markstrom,Luongo,Halak

Huh, asking too mutch aren't I ? lol

Forward : Ericksson,Lucic,Landeskog,Hartnell,Vanek,Dubinsky, Paajarvis,Clune,Beleskey,Crosby,Backstrom,Malkin,B ackes,Giroux,Grigorenko,Nyquist,Grabovski,Forsberg ,Granlund,Henrique,Shinkaruk,Jarnkrok,Brunner,Wenn berg,Iginla,Stewart,Niederreiter,Silverberg,Connol y,Vey,Hartman,Ovechkin,Eberle,Tarasenko,Okposo

Denfense : Carle,Diaz,Gormley,Reinhart,Ekholm,Vatanen,Gudas,Z adorov,Weber,Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,

Dobber Sports Ace

If it's multi-cat or pts only, the same guys are at the very top 99% of the time.(unless it's a goon league or something very unique)

Crosby
    Ovi
    Malkin
    Stamkos
    Sedins

but guys like C Stewart, Backes, E Staal, M Richards, C Perry/Ryan/Getzlaf, Kesler, Clowe, Benn, Lucic, Dubinsky...they all jump up a lot higher in mutli-cat leagues. No praticular order here, just off the top of my head.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Exactly ! But I have 5 round 10 teams to draft only propect and I draft 9th, so figure those kind of player can really help me out.

Dobber Sports Ace

when I posted, I failed to recognize what thread this was under. i was no help at all. my apologies.

for multi-cat prospects, well, i have no idea. so, i'm of even less help!
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Linxys View Post
    Exactly ! But I have 5 round 10 teams to draft only propect and I draft 9th, so figure those kind of player can really help me out.
    What determines a prospect in your league? Is there a games played limitation or another restriction? It will help us if we can narrow down the player pool in selecting some options for you.

Player that will be drafted this year or less than 20 game played in the nhl.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

First off, the advice above, though geared toward NHL players, was sound advice. The top scorers will always be the most valuable players in multi-cat leagues as they will get G, A, SOG, PPP, +/- and possibly some other cats.

Second, a prospect that is likely to make the NHL is going to be a safer pick than one who *could* make it. I'm sure that you know this but you need to find the right balance between upside and likelihood to make the bigs.

That said, here is a quick list of peripheral-cat guys off the top of my head that may be helpful:

Zack Kassian (BUF)
    Chris Brown (PHO)
    Brendan Smith (DET)
    Teemu Hartikainen (EDM)
    Martin Marincin (EDM)
    Radko Gudas (TBL)
    Dylan McIlrath (NYR)
    Luke Adam (BUF)
    Kevin Sundher (BUF)
    Marcus Foligno (BUF)
    Simon Despres (PIT)
    Eric Tangradi (PIT)
    Stefan Della Rovere (STL)
    Devante Smith-Pelly (ANA)
    Brad Ross (TOR)
    Mitchell Callahan (DET)

Here are some guys that could turn into decent contributors if they are also physical (but I don't know if they will be):

Charlie Coyle (SJS)
    Casey Cizikas (NYI)
    Maxim Kitsyn (LAK)
    Quinten Howden (FLA)
    Nick Bjugstad (FLA)
    Jeremy Morin (CHI)
    Jakob Silfverberg (OTT)

I've excluded the obvious top players like Schenn, Tarasenko, Niederreieter, etc. who should all go before the guys I mentioned above. Note that I'm not very familiar with European leagues so the list will be missing a lot of relevant players. I'm sure that I've missed a bunch so hopefully others will chime in! At least it's a starting point for you to do some additional research...

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, I've also excluded the entire 2011 draft crop. I think we'll learn a lot more about these players in the next few months.
    Last edited by Kudelskis Krushers; April 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Great list, KK, a lot of the guys I would mention are there. Happy to see a mention of Coyle and Cizikas, might add a couple, although it's a tough guess:

Carter Ashton
    Jarred Tinordi
    Erik Gudbranson
    Louis Leblanc
    Philippe Paradis
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Alex Petrovic and Jared Cowen are a couple D who could possess some value in your league as well. Gudbranson, McIlrath and Marincin (mentioned above) also stand out for me in terms of D.

Thansk guys, the big obvious guys are pretty mutch taken (McLarath, Gudbranson, Tinordi)

My league relys eavy on D for hots and PIM

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I forgot a key one (surprising, since I own him) in Teemu Hartikainen.