I am attempting to start a playoff hockey pool for this years playoffs. First step would be to try and get 10-12 fantasy managers. Here is what I was thinking for the pool details.
Online draft - 9 forwards 4 defencemen and 1 goalie for a total of 14
Goal -1pt
Assist - 1pt
Goalie Wins - 3pts
This an elimination style pool therefore once a player's team is eliminated from the playoffs that player cannot be replaced by another and the roster is simply reduced.
I was thinking of a low entry of $20.00 and a winner take all prize. As this pool is just now potentially being created obviously this details can be ironed out. I simply want to gauge interest at this point and then we can move forward. Also league fees would be through paypal. I can provide an Ebay user ID for those who would want to see that I'm an honest individual. Anyway hopefully we can get enough poolies to move forward. I have played for over 10 years in fantasy baseball with CBS sportsline so I have alot of experience with these leagues however I have never set up a draft or pool for playoff hockey so I would some assistance with the draft/pool but I believe fantrax has something as well as sportsnet.ca. Simply reply to this thread or send me an email at [email protected].
Thanks
Al