Thread: whats the latest word on Hiller?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default whats the latest word on Hiller?

I havent heard too much if he will be back anytime soon. Any word on him back for the playoffs?

Dobber Sports Expert

The Orange County Register had a blog on this yesterday...here's a link.

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2011/04/...-season/62513/

It sounds like it's still way up in the air. One has to wonder if he doesn't play in any of the team's remaining games and Emery continues to play outstanding whether the team feels confident enough to put him back in to start in the post-season.

I don't know what to tell you...it looks pretty vague.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen;
    I don't know what to tell you...it looks pretty vague.
    On the first page of the Hiller injury thread, I mention that vertigo is still a big unknown, medically speaking and often times doctors are left baffled or clueless in terms of proper diagnosis and recovery.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Having been through the vertigo process myself( lots of doctors guessing) what to do I can say it's the worst thing I've had. It was 8 years ago but I still get the odd dizzy, nautious, walls caving in feeling. As one responder wrote vertigo is a mystery medically speaking and lots of cases are labelled vertigo without ever officially being confirmed. I'd say the ducks should roll with who's hot and healthy. Just my opinion
    8 teams. . Full keeper. 20 active 8 bench+ prospects
    Pts only. Win=3,SO=3

Sedin Vanek Coutoure
    Pavekski kesler spezza
    BRichards Gallagher Dupuis
    Skinner Desharnais Pacioretty
    Chara Edler
    OEL Boyle
    Hedman Markov
    Ward,Quick
    Atkinson,turris,Versteeg,Huberdeau,Schwartz,rEllis ,kipper,Elliot
    Backlund, granlund,Grigs,Loktionov, Stalock, schenn,coyle,Gardener,saad,Pulkinnen,Lehner,Jmorro ,

Dobber Sports Genius

Sorry to hear that eight years later, you still have some symptoms zorks. I wish you all the best with that. It goes to illustrate how far away anyone is from really being able to read Hiller's situation.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    On the first page of the Hiller injury thread, I mention that vertigo is still a big unknown, medically speaking and often times doctors are left baffled or clueless in terms of proper diagnosis and recovery.
    No argument here. Whether it's 'intentionally vague' or 'understandably vague' we [and apparently doctors too] are all left speculating and guessing about a possible return and [after Zork's story] the possibility of another re-lapse.

I think Hiller has to be considered a long-shot at this point to start in the playoffs and teams are usually very hesitant to switch goalies in the middle of a series.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Sophomore

thanx for the info guys. As Hiller would of been a keeper for me for next season, I am undecided at keeping him at the moment. I have all summer to decide. Hiller is one option for the playoffs for me, but gonna have to go with Neuvy, which was my 1st option anyways.