Thread: Dumont for ???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dumont for ???

Ok so i want to try and sell dumont high but who should i be targetting? What is he worth right now? I got offered Higgins for Dumont but i don\'t like that trade. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    11 Team Roto Espn 3 Year Keeper League (First Year)
    Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, SOG, FW, W, L, GA, SV, SHO

C - Lecavalier, Spezza, Roy
    LW - Mcdonald, Malone, Neal
    RW - Kane, Giroux, Setoguchi
    F - Krejci, Filppula, Stillman
    D - Phanuef, Weber, Keith, Suter, Doughty, Burns
    G - Luongo, Varlamov
    BN - Neil, Janssen, Kariya, Greene, Giguere
    IR - Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Dumont for ???

You\'re right...Higgins is not an upgrade here. This is tough to answer, but here are some ideas.

My thinking is you want to target guys who are a combination of younger, more talented [but underachieving], returning from injury, or more proven point producers for your second half.

Understand all this depends on the intelligence of the GM\'s you\'re trying to do business with.

Some absolute steals would be...
    S. Gagne [just back from injury]
    A. Semin [ditto]
    N. Horton [languishing in Florida related obscurity]
    D. Brown [not much of a secret anymore in LA]
    A. Frolov [under the radar with Kopitar on the team]

Some other thoughts would include...
    P. Elias
    B. Gionta
    M. Michalek
    J. Cheechoo [if you want to gamble]
    P. Marleau

Some basic thoughts for you to start with. Out of curiosity...what kind of players might be available for Dumont in your pool?
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dumont for ???

Any of those players Andrew named would be a steal, what id try and do is add to dumont and try and get a guy like Kane, not putting up the same numbers with Toews in the line-up and with dumont on fire, adding something to him might get you kane.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Dumont for ???

I\'d be very surprised if you can pull any one of those guys off. Even the worst GM\'s who dont even pay attention to their team will look at the name Dumont and not even entertain those offers. Alot of crappy and annoying GM\'s trade because of name recognition and star power, not current stats. Those guys are the worst. Dumont has great talent, but i cant see a guy giving up a Semin, Gagne, Brown or Kane. But hey, if you can steal one of those guys, best of luck to ya.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dumont for ???

Your exactly right NYR. The guys in my league trade by name value. Its hard to make any deals whatsoever and i\'ve targeted all those players at one point or another. I cant get kane because that manager is inactive. Brown i thought i could get before with some good offers but the guy wont budge. I wont even try semin or gagne because it will never happen. I was thinking maybe trying for hemsky but i don\'t know if that is an upgrade. Dumont has better stats then hemsky.
    11 Team Roto Espn 3 Year Keeper League (First Year)
    Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, SOG, FW, W, L, GA, SV, SHO

C - Lecavalier, Spezza, Roy
    LW - Mcdonald, Malone, Neal
    RW - Kane, Giroux, Setoguchi
    F - Krejci, Filppula, Stillman
    D - Phanuef, Weber, Keith, Suter, Doughty, Burns
    G - Luongo, Varlamov
    BN - Neil, Janssen, Kariya, Greene, Giguere
    IR - Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Dumont for ???

Are you trying to win now or later?

Maybe just hang onto him...he\'s playing well and the rumor mill suggests a possible trade [which may only increase his value to you].
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Dumont for ???

unfortunately, if the other GMs base their decisions mostly on name value, you\'re probably hooped. the only way to fleece GMs like that is to pluck the guys they don\'t know about off of them. so getting dumont from them might have been easy, but selling dumont to them won\'t be.

i would try michalek/cheechoo and just tell the other guy to check the game-by-game stats