Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Ryan-Nugent Hopkins: Heating up

Banned

Edmonton has to get better quickly, or you may see guys like Hall and Eberle not want to stick around whenever they become UFA's. They will have no choice once they are RFA but after that, I don't know if they will want to stay there if the team continues to lose.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Edmonton has to get better quickly, or you may see guys like Hall and Eberle not want to stick around whenever they become UFA's. They will have no choice once they are RFA but after that, I don't know if they will want to stay there if the team continues to lose.
    They still have two seasons after this. Even if they only sign a 3 year RFA that still puts it at 5 years. If you include this year that's a 6 year rebuild. I like to think of myself as a realist and if you don't think after 5-6 years this team can be competitive then I think you're the one being unrealistic... any team in the league could go from bottom of the league to being competitive in 5 years as long as they make some smart moves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    They still have two seasons after this. Even if they only sign a 3 year RFA that still puts it at 5 years. If you include this year that's a 6 year rebuild. I like to think of myself as a realist and if you don't think after 5-6 years this team can be competitive then I think you're the one being unrealistic... any team in the league could go from bottom of the league to being competitive in 5 years as long as they make some smart moves.
    Yes they will be competitive in a couple of years if they address their D and goaltending. It's pretty simple actually. If they don't, they will continue to lose because they will be focusing to much on offense.

I think they WILL be competitive soon, but like you said they have to make the right decisions. Is Tamebellini the guy to do that though? Is Renney the right coach? Etc.

Dobber Sports Icon

Threads like this are the real heart of this site - great info and opinions, I am soaking it all up
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin