Thread: What happens to Holtby now?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What happens to Holtby now?

With his shutout, does he remain up with the club and in net for the Caps or does he get sent back down to let Neuvy/Varly finish the season?

I'm a bit worried just because the 2nd place guy just picked him up. I'm really hoping he gets sent back down because I don't want Holtby carrying this guy ahead of me
    15-team keeper (keep 10) - G,A,+/-,PPP, Hits, Blocked Shots, W, SV%, Saves

Forwards - Kunin, Trenin, Eichel, Bjorkstrand, Boldy, Pastrnak, Boeser, Caufield, Laine, Crosby, Newhook, Konecny, Farabee, Rossi (NA)
    Defenseman - Brodin, Hamilton, Zadorov, Severson, Forsling, Braun, Roy
    Goalies - Sorokin, Hill, Varlamov, Daws

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not really sure about the situation, but if I were to try and make a prediction then this is what it would be:

As soon as Neuvirth is healthy they send Holtby back down (unless Varlamov or Neuvirth suffers an injury between now and then). Sure he's playing great in net for them, but with all this talk of Varlamov possibly going to the KHL i'm going to say that Washington is going to do everything they can to try and get him to at least stay in the NHL so that they can try and get something out of him in the off-season. He's a RFA...and despite his injury troubles I find it hard to believe that washington won't do everything in their power to make sure that he doesn't walk away for nothing.

Just my $0.02 on the matter.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Stud

Agreed... pending good health from Neuvirth and Varlamov (knock on wood?), he should go back to the AHL, if only because of contract issues. They called him up on short notice for this one. The Post's Katie Carrera speculates that it was just because Neuvirth was still unwell.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Wizard

One more agreed. Holtby was playing fantastic before he got sent down last time so his play has nothing to do with it. It's all about the health of Neuvirth and Varlamov. Washington has clearly stated that if these two are healthy then they'll go with them the rest of the way and into the playoffs. Holtby's time will come next year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Holtby was sent down today.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rjfisher83 View Post
    Holtby was sent down today.
    *cizastro is giggling like a little schoolgirl wherever he is as he reads this*

Haha good luck man take down the championship.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am happy and sad on this news. In my H2H league, I owned him also. I also own Neuvy & Varlamov though, so it's not as crushing.

For the league that I'm in 1st, this is huge for me. The 2nd place guy has Howard and Mason, so I went ahead and picked up MacDonald to steal a couple of extra games away from him.

Montoya has hit FA, but his schedule is pretty nasty down the stretch so I'm not sure if I want to try and pick him up too.
    15-team keeper (keep 10) - G,A,+/-,PPP, Hits, Blocked Shots, W, SV%, Saves

Forwards - Kunin, Trenin, Eichel, Bjorkstrand, Boldy, Pastrnak, Boeser, Caufield, Laine, Crosby, Newhook, Konecny, Farabee, Rossi (NA)
    Defenseman - Brodin, Hamilton, Zadorov, Severson, Forsling, Braun, Roy
    Goalies - Sorokin, Hill, Varlamov, Daws