Thread: My farm team got a little rotten lately

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default My farm team got a little rotten lately

We keep 5 on our farm and I have been sitting on Gustavsson and Lehner. I can't protect Gustavsson on the farm for another season as he has gone over 50 games and Lehner is starting to look like a 3 to 4 year project which really doesn't do much for this league.

Any reason I should keep protecting them now? I will be protecting Hiller and Howard on my pro team for sure - I also have Elliott.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Bumpity bump bump

Dobber Sports Genius

I think I'd like to find a way to protect Lehner, I'm still not sold on Anderson being a true solid #1 goalie and if he plays even half as bad as he did in Colorado I expect we'll see Lehner get a long look.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah Shoeless I agree with trying to hold onto Lehner... Anderson may have played 76 games in 2010, but dating back to his OHL debut in 1998 he only hit 50 games in a season twice before that... not exactly the workhorse we like to characterize him as. I don't know to what degree that was injuries or not, but it probably explains him looking tired at times late last season and quite possibly his injury problems this season. Anybody who doubles their workload in their very late 20s, shows signs of fatigue and then injures themselves (in my opinion) bears watching.

Especially in Ottowa!
    Last edited by Thieving Giraffe; March 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks guys - pretty much what I needed to hear - makes sense to tuck Lehner for a longer look. Think that 4 year Anderson contract depressed me too much. I have been sitting on Bernier forever in another league and after a while you begin to wonder why you didn't trade him when his prospect stock was really high for something useful.