Thread: Mike Green for Brodeur? advice?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Mike Green for Brodeur? advice?

Before you answer, please note the special circumstances of my league\'s scoring system. A D-man scoring a goal could actually contribute to 4 categories, while goalie have three out of eleven categories. The owner of Brodeur has put him up, asking for a top goal scorer. I am considering offering him Green as the top goal-scoring defenseman.

Questions:
    1. Will Green really be as good as everyone here is hyping over the next few years?

2. With my current roster being Huet, Legace, and Emery, do I need Brodeur or should I hope for the three I have (we dress 2 each week)?

3. Will Emery ever be any good fantasy wise again?

any and all advice is much appreciated
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Ninja

Even though I am a very big fan of Green, if you can get Brodeur for Green, I think it would be a good deal for you. Finding a top goalie that you can trust is priceless. Make no mistake, Brodeur has at least 3-4 years at this level.

I understand with your system that a goal scoring D-man is valuable, but you need 4 of them and only two goalies control 3 categories. To me that makes a top goalie worth more than a top D, but I still think you need a very strong D core to win in your pool. Funny, we count Defence Points as a category in my roto leagues and I lead three (2nd in the other) of the pools in that category. For the record, I usually do very well and am in the money almost every year - something I partly attribute to loading up on the top defensemen.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes Green will be as good as hyped, PROVIDED that when the coach gets fired (and they all do eventually), they don\'t hire a defensive knob to stifle that wicked offence. Green is just starting to gain the confidence necessary to consistently produce at this level. Dobber says maybe 70 is in the cards one year. With the potential of that power play, I would not argue.

2. Brodeur would help your team greatly. If Huet is traded, it will not be to a situation as good as he currently has it. If he is not traded, then at best he splits with Price next year or the year after (best case scenario for you). Legace should continue to put up ok wins totals and pretty good GAA/Sv% numbers with St.Louis.

3. Emery is about to become the NHL equivalent of driftwood. See Patrick Lalime for details.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

The Comish has said all that needs to be said. Green has the potential given the correct circustances. I believe in always building a fantasy team around a goalie and Brodeur is one of the few that you can trully trust. It has been the year of the backup and Brodeur has been one of the exceptions and if you can trade Green for Brodeur do it now before its too late. He will carry your team for the next 3 years.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys - I\'ll give it a try
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson

Dobber Sports Initiate

no dice - he wants Ovechkin and that is NOT happening. I\'ll roll the dice with the three I\'ve got

Dobber Sports Novice

go leafs go....
    +/-.gls,assit,Dgls,Dassit,GWG,PPG,PIM,SV%,GAA,Wins
    8FD,4D,2G 22 players total,Salary Cap of 58million
    Shannon ,Malkin,Connolly,Peverley,Vermette,Frolov,Moulson,
    Stewart, Tanguay,Downie,Umberger,
    Foster, M Green, Jov,Kaberle,Gilroy,Letang,
    Biron, Huet,Conklin, ,Theodore

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dutchie\'s a jackass!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bighabfan wrote:
    no dice - he wants Ovechkin and that is NOT happening. I\'ll roll the dice with the three I\'ve got
    what ???ovechkin for brodeur....this is a joke! even if i think green isnt enough to get brodeur, ovechkin for brodeur si ridiculous...unless goaler are worth 200 pts in your league?
    Keeper 9 team, g/a =1pts 20 keeper on 23
    Foward:Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Colby Armstrong, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Voracek, Nikita Filatov , Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov , Claude Giroux, Derrick Brassard, Kyle Turris, Mikeal Frolik, Steve Sullivan, JVR, Patrick Osullivan,John Tavares, Matt Duchenes,Pat Berglund
    Defense:Ryan Whitney, Mike Green, Jack Johson,
    , Drew Doughty
    Goalie:Carey Price