Thread: steen for kessel

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default steen for kessel

my steen for his kessel

i feel steen is overproducing and theres a decent amt of young firepower in st louis. his +/- is the main diff points wise vs kessel.

kessel is the star of the team (maybe not now) and tho his +/- might be low, i feel he will start producing consistently
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would do it in a heartbeat. Lot more potential. Steen won't play the point on the first PP unit since Shatts and Pietrangelo are 1 and 2. The offense in STL is always a big ??? as in who will produce... Steen won't play on the top 2 lines anyway... In TOR, Kessel is their big offensive guy. He got his confidence back and now has 13 in 10. If Burke gets him a real first line center, 40 goals is easily possible if he is just a bit more regular. I think he can get more than that but we'll see...
    14 teams Dynasty (keep 10)
    Points-only, Goalies 2W +1SO

F (12) = Kopitar, Tavares, Benn, Schwartz, Hornqvist, Thornton, Kreider, Nyquist, Perreault, Maroon, Lee, Dzingel
    D (4) = Burns, Klingberg, Carlson, Niskanen, Severson
    G (1) = Holtby, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kessel is the obvious choice here.

Steen's been playing well the past 2 seasons, but Kessel's younger and his role in TO will always be a huge one with 1st line 1st PP minutes.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kessel... Not even a thought about Steen over Kessel.

Steen will be a 50-55 pt guy. Kessel already has a 60 pt/30 g season under his belt, and is suppose to be the main point producer in TO. Kessel has a better chance at reaching his potential (IMO 80pt 40/40 guy). Plus he's 3 years younger.

Dooooo iiiiiiitttttt
    11 GM Keeper League, 10F, 4D, 2G
    G,A, SHG, +/-, W, SO, S%
    F: J. Iginla, E. Staal, M. Richards, J. Spezza, B. Ryan, T. Hall, N. Zherdev, J. Hudler, S. Gagner, C. Kunitz
    D: D. Keith, A. Goligoski, P. Martin, R. Sutter
    G: MA. Fluery, S. Mason

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think you missed the boat on a deal here. I cannot see any Kessel owner trading for Alex Steen now. If you can do it then go for it but if you are considering offering it then you may be laughed at.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think this is a no-brainer as well, but also a no-brainer for the Kessel owner to turn down.
    16 Team 4th Year H2H Yahoo! Keeper League, 2012 Champion
    Keep 8 (Max 1 Goalie) + 2* (23 and under)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    2LW,3C,2RW,3D,1U,2G,8BN,3IR
    LW Landeskog*, C Tavares*,Getzlaf, RW Ovechkin,Malkin(C),Seguin*(C),D Subban,G Lundqvist, Lehner*
    Draft - 1st,2 2nds, 2 3rds.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Don't think this is as much of a steal as everyone else seems to be making it out to be. Kessel has potential and will definitely get the premier ice time since he was signed to such a large contract, so he is positioned well to do better. Te problem with Kessel is that he has little hockey IQ in my opinion. Lots of skill, but no vision or playmaking skills. He does not make the players around him better.

Steen is a very solid player who if given the right opportunity could out point Kessel and is far more consistent. Still I guess I would have to do the deal as St. Louis has many above average forwards it is hard to tell who will earn the premier ice time and linemates.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i get what u mean maxpey, but the fact that st-l has so many potential breakout players, i didnt wana take the risk.

i ended up doing: Kessel+Raymond for Brouwer Steen + 3rd round pick (3/9ppl)
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky