Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: [TRADE] DAL trades James Neal and Matt Niskanen to PIT for Alex Goligoski.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    I meant that's his future. IMO, and just an opinion, he'll never amount more than a 5th dman with the way he plays D unless he turns it on offensively which I've seen nothing to assume that will happen.

Goligoski, again, imo, will be a top 2, maybe 3 dman. He has a much more gifted offensive game, and while his D needs lots of work, he hasn't made nearly as many gaffes as Niskanen.
    Ahhh gotcha! Was just trying to be a pain in the ass anyways.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

NY streets, sewers & on occasion in a farm

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    I think that we got Neal for FREE ! Call me crazy but Niskanen will be just as useful as Goligoski . Goli was overrated as far as I'm concerned . So-so hockey sense and can't hit the net even if he is a pretty good skater .

I'm sure you've seen the last two Pens games and how their PP is in complete disarray (not that it wasn't before). They clearly miss Goligoski's mobility. If you watched the Dallas game the other night, Goligoski showed what he can do. He made a stellar play up ice sending Ott in all alone during the PP. During another PP, he had a pretty solid scoring chance from the left point that resulted in a rebound/chance that wasn't finished. He's giving Dallas options that weren't there before on their blue-line.

In the end I think the Pens made out on top, but not by much. Dallas needed that mobile-D badly, and they dealt from a position of strength. Though Neal will be missed, they do have Benn on the way into a stronger roll with the team

Just some thoughts~

(Being an @$$ here) Goligoski's also scored 1 more goal than Letang has
    THE GOONGALA SQUAD