Thread: My C/W Zetterberg for his W Perry?? (league counts faceoff wins)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default My C/W Zetterberg for his W Perry?? (league counts faceoff wins)

League settings: G, A, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW
    Partial keeper. End of the year you keep: 1C, 2W

Current forwards on my team: (not the ones listed in my sig)
    C - Getzlaf, Weiss, Gomez
    C/W - Zetterberg, Carter, Pavelski
    W - Hall, Hemsky, Backes, Ruutu, Wolski, Horton

I have just been offered Corey Perry for my Henrik Zetterberg.

Perry currently has 51 points in 52GP, Zetty has 53 in 48 and wins faceoffs from the wing. I am strongly thinking about accepting it due to the fact Zetterberg isn't guaranteed to be a C/W next year (don't trust yahoo for one second), and could just be listed as a C whereas Perry is guaranteed to be a winger and would then be my new keeper winger....plus I'd have Getzlaf + Perry together as my keepers and I always try to strive for elite combos like that if possible.

So the questions I pose to all of you are:

1. Would you accept this trade if you were me? (Please note: I am currently in 1st, and if I was in last this would be a no-brainer as I'd be improving my keepers here. I just feel Zetty being a C/W this year adds huge value, and I win faceoffs almost every week due to this so trading away Zetterberg may effect my ability to pretty much guarantee myself 2 points per week...but then again, with Datsyuk coming back Zetty may stop taking draws. Another factor is the guy who offered me this is 2nd place in the standings so I'm not sure if I want to be trading Zetterberg to him)

2. Doesn't relate to the trade but should I keep Taylor Hall over Carter or Hemsky? In a partial keeper league where Taylor may still be 2-3 years away from producing at an elite level I'm not sure what the correct answer is here.

Thanks for the input everyone. appreciate it! cheers
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; January 31, 2011 at 11:34 PM.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1. Trade Zetts. I have him in our league too and it's nice having the FOW from a LW however his FOW were low when Datz was playing. I'd make the trade, get a younger player who like you said is guarenteed winger status next season. Plus I'd say Perry is the best RW to own in your format.

2. Assuming you mean Jeff Carter then I'd say no. But I'd keep Hall over Hemsky
    League Champion 2006, 2007, 2008
    12 Team, 8 keeper H2H League
    Skater Stats(4C,4LW,4RW,4D): G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,FOW
    Goalie Stats(2G): W,GA,SV,SO

C: Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf, Berglund
    LW: Parise, Hall, Duchene, Tanguay
    RW: Malkin, Wheeler, C. Stewart, Stempniak
    D: Doughty, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Luongo, Schneider, Ward

PSN ID: wminogue

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for the input man. There's no RW/LW designations in my pool, just W. I'm leaning towards doing the deal, even though I think doing this deal may hurt me a bit this year. It is Jeff Carter...and unfortunately he runs the same risk like Zetterberg for next year. Not totally sure if he'll be granted C/W status again
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR