Thread: Mark Streit

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Mark Streit

Any recent updates on his return to the lineup? Last I heard he was scheduled to come back in Feb... But I couldn't find any updates after around the middle of November.

Dobber Sports Novice

i saw on twitter that he is most likely done for the year. why would the islanders even want to risk bringing him back? for a playoff push.....lol?
    12 team Weekly H2H Matchups with Daily Roster Changes [ G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,W,GA,SV%,SO]

Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D, 5 Bench Spots 2 Goalies

C : Stamkos, Ribero, Roy, Jokinen, M Read, Colin Wilson
    LW : Gange, Jokinen, Fleischmann, Heatley, Higgins
    RW : Hudler, M. Read, Purcell, Selanne, Heatle, Hudler, Connolly, Neil
    D : Letang, Lidstrom, Leddy, MA Bergeron, Bogosian, Kaberle
    G : Miller, Quick, Price
    IR : Enstrom, A. McDonald

Dobber Sports Initiate

From ESPN today:

Streit (shoulder) was on the ice skating Monday, the Isles official site reports.

Spin: This seems to contradict previous reports that Streit isn't going to be returning this season. We'll await further information from the Isles regarding the extent of Streit's activity before getting too excited about his chances of returning in February -- as it was once expected a few months back.
    Mon, Jan 17
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm hoping the February return is still on. I could use Streit for the stretch run. Being both a Streit and Markov owner this year has sucked.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think the real question is not whether Streit will return (I expect him back for about Feb 25th), but whether he will even be worthwhile to have a roster when he does finally return. Players can take years to recover from shoulder surgery (see, Lecavalier) and to expect Streit to waltz into the season with 15 or so games left and do anything more than put up a few points here and there is asking too much. Streit is a great player, but he's not an all-world talent that can step onto the Ice and produce. He's a steady 50-55 pt D-man when healthy and the Islanders don't exactly have a steller PP that he can just join for guaranteed immediate production. It will take time with Streit and for those hanging onto him in hopes to make the playoff push, you might be disappointed.

For an intents and purposes, I would write Streit off for this season, and this is coming from a guy who has him in two leagues. Is 5-8 points in 15 games really worth the wait? In a one year leagues I'd look to ship Streit for something of marginal value and cut your loses. He's not going to give you more than .5 pt / g production and that's not worth keeping around IF you can get something of value now for him.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's possible he's out for the season, and even if he comes back in March or something, I don't know if Islanders would even activate him. They're hoping for a high pick anyway, so why play a guy coming off injury?

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    It's possible he's out for the season, and even if he comes back in March or something, I don't know if Islanders would even activate him. They're hoping for a high pick anyway, so why play a guy coming off injury?
    Ummm...yeah. Not what I wanted to hear, dyz. Makes perfect sense, unfortunately....damn.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Ummm...yeah. Not what I wanted to hear, dyz. Makes perfect sense, unfortunately....damn.
    Hey man, I own him too. But they've basically done everything they legally can to tank thus far this season, they're not about to throw Mark Streit back in until he's 110%.