Thread: Savard?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Savard?

Hey Boys,

I just watched the 3rd period of that awesome Pens/Bruins game. Savard got crushed hard into the boards (head into dasher). He smacked his head good. Stayed down on the ice for some time. He came back and played a couple of ineffective shifts. I have no idea if there is a problem, but it sure would not surprise me. You hate to say the C word, but man, Engelland crushed him. Just a heads up as many of us set our weekly lineups on Saturday nights.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

judging by how he played the rest of the game, i think he was trying to buy a penalty.

Dobber Sports Veteran

So is he okay?
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    So is he okay?
    We'll be the last to know. It'll take a couple of days before they know for sure.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Expert

Savard, who was only now starting to get back up to speed after a return from a significant concussion, hit his head on the side boards Saturday afternoon on a check from Penguins' defenseman Derek Engelland.

Recommendation: Engelland's forearm hammered Savard's head into the boards and the center was down on all fours for a while. To Engelland's defense, Savard did duck a little; the hit would have been to his chest otherwise. Savard was able to finish the game but told reporters after the game that he felt woozy. He didn't have a headache -- something that dogged him for months after his last head hit -- but the next 24 hours will be critical going forward. Concussion symptoms are compounded with each successive hit; we are more than a little concerned for this talented center.

(Rotowire.com)
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Wizard

Rotowire is all doom and gloom.

Look, fact is no one knows. I have a concusion history and sometimes when I play and get knocked over while exhausted I feel a bit dizzy. Sometimes for hours and sometimes for days. While another time I caught an edge, lost my helmet and slammed head first into the boards at full speed and was fine.

Think positive.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    Rotowire is all doom and gloom.

Look, fact is no one knows. I have a concusion history and sometimes when I play and get knocked over while exhausted I feel a bit dizzy. Sometimes for hours and sometimes for days. While another time I caught an edge, lost my helmet and slammed head first into the boards at full speed and was fine.

Think positive.
    I don't know what you call fine... Each time you smack your head and feel a bit dizzy it's not a good sign. You don't have the highest grade of doctors to properly advise you each and every time, like an NHL player does. I'm sure they'd tell you to take it easy for a while. We've seen enough guys' career's ended early because of one too many of these.

Maybe he is fine, but I'd be surprised if he played the next game.

Dobber Sports Expert

Right frow Savard himself...note the use of some 'bad' words:

from Joe Haggerty of CSNNE,

Savard said that he didn’t have any headaches after the game, but he used concussion buzz words like “bell rung” and “dazed” after the game was over to describe his feelings after the hit. He assured that he felt “okay” after the game, and hoped that feeling would continue as the adrenaline peeled away in the hours following the loss.

“All I want to do, is make sure I gather my thoughts, you know, and everything came back together … fine,” said Savard. “I’ll monitor it and watch the rest of the day here, see how I feel a little bit … I was a little bit shaken up.”

Dobber Sports Veteran

Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen