Thread: Which Goalie to drop?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which Goalie to drop?

team in sig...i have Stewart coming back soon, and i am looking to drop a goalie...want to hold on to Halak, so i was thinking Bryzgalov or Rinne...who would you drop? thoughts?

other FA's are Ward and crawford

thanks
    Last edited by jimslam; January 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM.
    Jim

Yahoo, H2H, 8 Team, 1-Year, NON Keeper League, Daily,

Categories
    Skaters: G, A, P, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Goalies: W, GA, Saves, SHO

Positions -C, C, LW, RW, F, F, F, F, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, B, IR+, IR+, IR+

ROSTER
    C - J.T. Miller, Draisaitl, Bennett
    LW - Guentzal, E. Kane, Fiala, Forsberg, Connor
    RW - Rantanen, Hyman
    D - Letang, Carlson, Josi, Trouba
    G - Demko, Lyon
    IR - J. Hughes
    NA -

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Keep all of them. Crawford is worthy but Bryz and Rinne I think are better right now

Dobber Sports Ace

Daily starts or weekly?

I would stick with what you have for tenders
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

To answer the question - I would dump Bryz.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Maybe I'm the only one confused. Are you dropping a goalie to activate Stewart from IR? If so I'd dropped Doan or Malone first. In your league you start a total of 8 forwards, if you dropped one of those two and activated Stewart you'd still have 11 forwards at your disposal.

Now if your looking to drop a goalie for either Ward or Crawford, maybe drop Bryz but in all honesty I'd continue rolling with the group you have.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one confused. Are you dropping a goalie to activate Stewart from IR? If so I'd dropped Doan or Malone first. In your league you start a total of 8 forwards, if you dropped one of those two and activated Stewart you'd still have 11 forwards at your disposal.

Now if your looking to drop a goalie for either Ward or Crawford, maybe drop Bryz but in all honesty I'd continue rolling with the group you have.
    ya, I'd drop Doan before your goalies. They're all really good, and its worth it just to keep them all.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Ahem - Doan has 16 points in his last 14 games, 47 SOG, 8 PPP, 34 hits, 10 PIM's and 8 blocks - quite simply - on fire.

Keeping Bryz will only guarantee more saves.

The risk of dumping a goalie here with Ward and Crawford already on the wire is not very great. I would probably try and move a package of Ribiero and one of your studly RW for a big C upgrade and go back to 3 goalies though. But for now, dumping Bryz makes sense to me over dumping Doan - Malone is similarly contributing at LW but if you want to keep a 3rd goalie now then he would be the guy to let go I think.

Dobber Sports Wizard

If we're just answering your question, then I would vote to drop Bryzgalov as well.

As shoeless points out, Doan has been on fire lately and is a tough drop.

Overall, who to drop is a tough decision. I saw this post earlier and wasn't sure what to suggest. It's obviously between Bryz, Doan, Malone. Doan gets you a nice mix of everything and is hot right now, and Malone has been putting up decent points this year making that decision tough.

This is an 8 team league at the end of the day, so I can see why goalies might not be valued like they are in most leagues. The other kicker is that you only dress 1 winger on each side, yet you have 4 players at each wing on your roster. Three Dmen are active, so I imagine Dmen of high value are important in your league. In an 8 team league, you have depth at each position, and I'm guessing it's daily starts.

I feel like I'm missing something here in your league, but if there are guys like Ward and Crawford on the free agent list then I imagine Malone and Doan have more value in your league that Bryz.

Looking at all the factors, I would say drop Malone. But if you're thinking drop a goalie then Bryz is the one.

Anyways, those are my scattered thoughts on this one. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Ahem - Doan has 16 points in his last 14 games, 47 SOG, 8 PPP, 34 hits, 10 PIM's and 8 blocks - quite simply - on fire.

Keeping Bryz will only guarantee more saves.

The risk of dumping a goalie here with Ward and Crawford already on the wire is not very great. I would probably try and move a package of Ribiero and one of your studly RW for a big C upgrade and go back to 3 goalies though. But for now, dumping Bryz makes sense to me over dumping Doan - Malone is similarly contributing at LW but if you want to keep a 3rd goalie now then he would be the guy to let go I think.
    Good Lord did I ever miss that one. It goes without saying Doan should remain on your roster. It comes down to Malone and Bryz, and I would still side with keeping Bryz, but that's coming from the guy that just whiffed on noticing Doan's hot streak so take it for what it's worth.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

thanks for all of the responses guys...

the reason that i want to roll with 2 goalies vs. 3 is because to have an extra forward benefits the SOG, HITS and BLKS categories, not to mention the other offensive ones....there is only one other team in the league that is rolling with 3 tenders....this is a daily league, and i've been short forward starts since rolling wth 3....i picked up Rinne when Bryz was on the IR so now i'm unsure who will do better the rest of the way....

would like to keep both, but since there are more offensive categories than goaltending ones, i'd have to side with keeping a forward and dropping a tender...still pondering...
    Jim

Yahoo, H2H, 8 Team, 1-Year, NON Keeper League, Daily,

Categories
    Skaters: G, A, P, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Goalies: W, GA, Saves, SHO

Positions -C, C, LW, RW, F, F, F, F, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, B, IR+, IR+, IR+

ROSTER
    C - J.T. Miller, Draisaitl, Bennett
    LW - Guentzal, E. Kane, Fiala, Forsberg, Connor
    RW - Rantanen, Hyman
    D - Letang, Carlson, Josi, Trouba
    G - Demko, Lyon
    IR - J. Hughes
    NA -

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jimslam View Post
    thanks for all of the responses guys...

the reason that i want to roll with 2 goalies vs. 3 is because to have an extra forward benefits the SOG, HITS and BLKS categories, not to mention the other offensive ones....there is only one other team in the league that is rolling with 3 tenders....this is a daily league, and i've been short forward starts since rolling wth 3....i picked up Rinne when Bryz was on the IR so now i'm unsure who will do better the rest of the way....

would like to keep both, but since there are more offensive categories than goaltending ones, i'd have to side with keeping a forward and dropping a tender...still pondering...
    In that case I'd certainly drop Bryz and roll with Halak and Rinne.