Thread: Dubnyk's value in a keeper league?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Dubnyk's value in a keeper league?

What's his value look like? He the future of the Oilers? And is he a rookie this season?
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Administrator

Yes Dubnyk is a rookie but whether or not he's the future of the franchise remains to be seen. He's a former first rounder but his development stalled and I'd written him off. He's worked hard since becoming a pro and seems to be getting things back on track. He's been very up and down this season, much like his counterpart Khabibulin and quite frankly the rest of the Oilers team as a whole.

He has some value, but not a whole lot in keeper leagues. The league in your sig for instance is not a league I'd want to own him in.

Truth be told the goalie of the future for the Oilers is whoever happens to get hot when the team is ready to take off and become a real contender. Be it Dubnyk, JDD, Roy or some unforseen talent. Best thing you can do is be vigilant and notice the trends. In a year or two when the Oilers start really trending upward, get your ducks in a row and be ready to make a move for their goalies. Much like Pavelec was a great FA pickup for a lot of people, so too will the Oilers goalie be.

I wish I could be more concise but that's the nature of the game today. The goaltending position is so fickle it's damn near impossible to predict.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

Truth be told the goalie of the future for the Oilers is whoever happens to get hot when the team is ready to take off and become a real contender. Be it Dubnyk, JDD, Roy or some unforseen talent. Best thing you can do is be vigilant and notice the trends. In a year or two when the Oilers start really trending upward, get your ducks in a row and be ready to make a move for their goalies. Much like Pavelec was a great FA pickup for a lot of people, so too will the Oilers goalie be.

I wish I could be more concise but that's the nature of the game today. The goaltending position is so fickle it's damn near impossible to predict.
    I'll just say with Roy's performance today Dubie's stock just went up!

To be honest though I tend to lean on the bolded comment. Maybe when all that young talent comes to the fore the Oilers may go out and get a proven quality Goalie.

But certainly MDs last sentence says alot!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    I'll just say with Roy's performance today Dubie's stock just went up!

To be honest though I tend to lean on the bolded comment. Maybe when all that young talent comes to the fore the Oilers may go out and get a proven quality Goalie.

But certainly MDs last sentence says alot!
    Yeah they could easily find themselves snapping up the next Craig Anderson when everything gets ready to pop. I tend to lean that way myself. The only thing that holds me back is Khabibulin. You usually don't see teams spending money on two net minders.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah they could easily find themselves snapping up the next Craig Anderson when everything gets ready to pop. I tend to lean that way myself. The only thing that holds me back is Khabibulin. You usually don't see teams spending money on two net minders.
    You mean when they are good right?