Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3-Way Deal Completed - Your Thoughts

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    How in god's name are those guys available on waivers? Can you only carry one tender?
    Nice WW! The best in my leagues is Johnson!
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    How in god's name are those guys available on waivers? Can you only carry one tender?
    yes we can only carry one tender.

It kind of sucks but it is what it is. Lots of good goalies out there.

Slufoot actually dealt away Miller for a small upgrade elsewhere. I own Luongo and was trying to do the same thing but I am not satisfied with the upgrade I would get.

Only carrying one goalie and not having WINS valued enough seriously degrades the value of elite goalies. As a result, Luongo will not be a keeper for me for the first time in history of this league. It doesn't make sense to have a G as a keeper in this league until G slots are expanded or the scoring for Gs changes

Good deal Moves. I see your point about Kane/Weber but I was willing to pay more than that too. Either way good on you guys for making a blockbuster.

Crawford is also available.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think team A had a valid reason for making this trade (being the owner of team A)
    let me explain I am a botton feeder in this pool for the pass 5 years I know I downgraded on forward but now I have a sold D core I own 2 1st round picks 1 of them probaly in the top 3 so i will be able to draft some solid forwards. My team is young (very young) and hopefully these guys justify there high draft selection. Moves yes won the trade but D men are harder to get in our pool and now i have one of the best in the game.
    I forgot about our bet I better make a few more trades to catch you
    20 Team Fantasy Keeper League

G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1+/-=0.25
    Goalies (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)All Players are active

F: S, Aho, M Duchene, F Forsberg, S Monahan, S Reinhart, A Tuch , F#10, F#11, F#12
    D-men: M Dumba, C McAvoy, M Rielly, D #4
    Goalie: G#1

Administrator

I didn't mind this deal for you at all sens. Green is the top D in the game and is probably equivalent to Backstrom in value in you consider positional value. Nash is proven and with special teams goals weighted he probably has a little more value than he would in other pools. Adding a first for a second helps, particularly if you're rebuilding. I figured at worst you moved laterally but didn't get the big win that Slufoot did scoring Malkin.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sens41 View Post
    I think team A had a valid reason for making this trade (being the owner of team A)
    let me explain I am a botton feeder in this pool for the pass 5 years I know I downgraded on forward but now I have a sold D core I own 2 1st round picks 1 of them probaly in the top 3 so i will be able to draft some solid forwards. My team is young (very young) and hopefully these guys justify there high draft selection. Moves yes won the trade but D men are harder to get in our pool and now i have one of the best in the game.
    I forgot about our bet I better make a few more trades to catch you
    Welcome to the boards buddy
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

The Wolverine

As a side point, I like that you are only carrying one goalie as it ensures that everyone has a chance to compete and they won't have too much of an effect on the standings. If you are in a 20 team league with 2 starting goalies, there will be several teams with weak goaltending and they would have little chance to compete. I would guess could cause some of those teams to lose interest especially in a keeper. They would also be valued far too highly and deals would reflect that imbalance.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    As a side point, I like that you are only carrying one goalie as it ensures that everyone has a chance to compete and they won't have too much of an effect on the standings. If you are in a 20 team league with 2 starting goalies, there will be several teams with weak goaltending and they would have little chance to compete. I would guess could cause some of those teams to lose interest especially in a keeper. They would also be valued far too highly and deals would reflect that imbalance.
    The 2 vs. 1 goalie is a current debate we are having in this exact pool right now. I wish the goalies were worth more but I also feel that having 2 goalies in a 20 man league isn't going to improve anything and 10-15 guys are going to be at a REAL disadvantage. The league is already a bit separated in terms of the standings (due to lack of knowledge/experience) and I think going to a starting 2 goalie situation will only further the separation. It's a tough situation to deal with

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    The 2 vs. 1 goalie is a current debate we are having in this exact pool right now. I wish the goalies were worth more but I also feel that having 2 goalies in a 20 man league isn't going to improve anything and 10-15 guys are going to be at a REAL disadvantage. The league is already a bit separated in terms of the standings (due to lack of knowledge/experience) and I think going to a starting 2 goalie situation will only further the separation. It's a tough situation to deal with
    Perhaps increase the point values of goalies in order to give them more importance, but keeping the starting number the same? But increase it in such a way as to ensure that not just any starting goalie will be good enough. It makes it more challenging because, for example, a top 5 goalie is significantly better than a top 10, and so on, but it also ensures everyone has a chance to have a starter and compete.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Getting the explainations from the teams of what their goals and motivations were kind of shows that it worked for everyone.

From a purely "standard value" asessment, it's a fairly even trade all around. Team A & C wound up about a hair less then even, and team B did improve itself by gaining the best player in the deal.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)