Thread: Anyone know what positions these guys play?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Anyone know what positions these guys play?

I have several young forwards on a team I'm rebuilding that I'm unsure the exact position they are playing right now (often different than the position they were drafted at, position they are listed at on various websites, etc.).

Has anyone seen any of these guys play live recently to determine what position they are currently playing?

Niederreiter - listed as a RW on various draft literature I've seen, listed as a LW on the Portland website, RW on Islanders website

Tatar - I've seen him listed at all 3 forward positions.

Colborne - I know he's a natural C that played LW last year in college. Anyone know what he's playing in Providence?

Nyquist - I've seen him listed at C and LW.

Tarasenko - I've seen him at both wings

Administrator

Unfortunately this stuff is going to remain a mystery until these guys make it to the NHL.

Niederreiter is the one guy who I think has a clear position. I'm fairly certain he's a LW. It's where he played when he was up with the big club to start the season and it seems to be where he fits if he is to play on the top line in the future what with Okposo playing RW.

Tatar and Nyquist are still a few years from landing in the NHL and in Detroit who knows where they will fit in.

I think Colborne's future is on the wing. I think he'd be better up the middle but the Bruins really don't need him there.

As for Tarasenko, well no one is worse than St. Louis for jumbling up positions. I think they have like 7 guys who could be considered either a center or a winger. Don't look for any clarity here. Plus by my calculations Tarasenko probably doesn't make the NHL any time soon.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg