Thread: Mike Green

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Mike Green

Finally my first post. I have been reading the forums for a few weeks and feel like I finally have something worth asking.

I drafted Mike Green and have been hanging onto him hoping his pace would pick up. At this point I am not sure if it is going to, and I am also worried about the possibility of him becoming injured....AGAIN.

I am in a league where other GM's seem to be non-responsive to trades, so I am debating dropping Green. At this point in the season do you think it is worth hanging on to him? Would I be silly to drop him?

The GM that doesn't respond to my trade offers and doesn't seem to be updating his roster has Dustin Byfuglien, who I really want. I have offered Green and Semin for him. My thought is that playing Buff in D, and adding another RW would make up for the absence of Semin in my lineup. Does that seem like a good trade if the GM would actually log on and look at it?

Thanks to everyone on this site for the great articles and posts. This site alone has taken me from last place to first place this year, which is my first year playing fantasy!!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dude, Semin and Green for Buff is CRAZY.

That is a WAY overpayment for a player who's having a hot year.

You're trading the premier fantasy D-man over the last two or three years PLUS a reliable 70-80 point guy for Buff.

I think you need to stick it out with Green, man. Dropping him to the waiver wire is crazy!
    One year, 9 team, roto

G/A/P/+,-/PPG/PPA/PPP/SHG/GWG/PIM/HITS

GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

Start: C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/W/D/D/D/D/UTIL

C: Henrik Sedin, Mike Ribeiro, John Tavares

LW: Alex Ovechkin, Thomas Vanek, Zach Parise, Simon Gagne

RW: Johan Franzen, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Drew Stafford, Matt D'Agostini

D: Shea Weber, John Carlson, Brett Clark, Cam Fowler

G: Henrik Lundquist, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Crawford

Dobber Sports Veteran

Welcome to the league.

Now go and cancel that trade offer before the guy check his email that is CRAZY overpayment.

I would say even in a one year that Green deserves Buf + to get him!!! go stop reading and GO CANCEL!! Please.

Again welcome to the boards.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Welcome. Seems like your wasting your time in a sh***y league which is unfortunate. As far as your trade offer, it is not even close to fair for you.
    12 Team ESPN H2H Keeper: 1F/1D/1G
    Skater: G, A, +/-, PTS, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, FOW, TOI, SOG, HIT, DEF
    Goalie: W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Mind Your Manners
    Fowards: Tavares, Toews, T. Johnson, Kucherov, Backes, Turris, Huberdeau, Stepan, Kunitz, Filppula, Perron, J. Staal, M. Martin
    Defense: Letang, Carlson, Streit, Fowler, Johnson, Zidlicky
    Goalies: Bishop, Dubnyk, Pavelec
    Daily Start: 9F/5D/1Util/2G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Trade offer for Buff has been cancelled. Green has not been impressing me, and Semin drives we crazy the way he is either hot or sitting in the box for stupid offense penalties, although that doesn't hurt my PIM's. I just really want Buff and seem to be getting no where with reasonable trade offers. I will sit on Green for a while and see if he gets into his groove!

Thanks for the feedback!

p.s.: Perreault is a short term pickup while he is trying to prove himself, and will most likely be replaced by Couture (FA) who no one on my league seems to give any attention to. I have been able to drop and add Matt Cullen, Couture, McDonald (who I dropped for the Perreault experiment as soon as I heard concussion talks) several times this year without them being picked up by anyone.

Dobber Sports Star

Don't put too much stock into Buff. At least not Green or Semin stock anyway.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Administrator

You've just got to stick it out with Green. This isn't the first time he's underwhelmed to start the season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg