Thread: Perry for Vokoun

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Perry for Vokoun

I'm desperate for goalie help. I was offered Vokoun straight up for Perry. Perry is my best RW and second best producer overall. I initially rejected this trade but now I'm reconsidering. Should I be expecting more in return for Perry? I am looking to move an RW for a G. I also have Backes, Havlat and Skinner.

Stats are:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SO
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Genius

Tell me your not saying your desperate for goalie help with Thomas, Bryzgalov, and Bobrovsky as the tenders manning your net?

Dobber Sports Icon

Different league. That league I am dominating.

The league in question I have Luongo, Turco and Garon. With Turco starting to lose the #1 role to Crawford, I am in rough shape especially with so many goalie stats counting.

I made the mistake of drafting Dipietro... I fall for it every year. Now I'm in the shape I'm in.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am going to assume that its is not the team in the sig but really I am not sure I make that move IF you want help in net and are willing to part with Perry I am sure you can come up with something better than that!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Who's on the wire right now G-wise

Dobber Sports Ninja

It would be good to see what kind of options are available on the WW. Trading Perry for Vokoun is just so "bleh"....however if you really need the goalie help and you can afford to trade Perry I can't say I consider taking it.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Icon

There are some valid G on the wire, namely Lindback, Dipietro, Osgood, Raycroft. But none of them are a significant upgrade over who has to be dropped. The only position I could part with is RW and Skinner, Backes, Perry and Havlat are all too good to drop for one of them. Although I've considered dropping Garon for Lindback but decided against it.

Dropping anyone from another position would leav me short. I could drop Stepan for Lindback, but it would leave me with only 3 Cs and since we have F and U positions I like carrying 4 because it helps FOW. I guess I could trade a RW for a C to fill the gap though

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would stick to trading just dont trade Perry for that!! There are better options, I owuld put him on the block and state your needs and I am sure that you will get a better offer than that!!

Dobber Sports Stud

How many do you start at each position? Daily or weekly starts? Who else is on your team?
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Robbie View Post
    How many do you start at each position? Daily or weekly starts? Who else is on your team?
    Daily starts , start 2 @ each position except 4 @ D plus Fwd and Util

Team is

C - M Koivu, Fillipula, Stepan, Duchene
    LW - D Sedin, Kovalchuk (RW), Whitney, Parise (IR)
    RW - Havlat, Perry, Backes, Skinner
    D - Suter, Boyle, Enstrom, Carlson
    G - Luongo, Turco, Garon

Dobber Sports Star

You know what? I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the consensus here. Vokoun is insanely valuable in this setup.

9 of your 19 categories are for goaltending. I've bolded the ones that Vokoun is very good at, even on a crappy Florida team.

GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SO

Perry is a strong producer, but his real value to your team would be considerably less than Vokoun.

Maybe in perceived value in your league this wouldn't fit the bill (in which case you should press to give less or get more for Perry), but I would rather be on the Vokoun side of the fence.