Thread: I have the 6th pick in this year\'s entry draft....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default I have the 6th pick in this year\'s entry draft....

I will assume that Voracek, Kane, Cherapanov and Turris will be gone. Then, probably Van Riemsdyk. Who can I realistically get at #6? Who has the best fantasy potential at #6?

I...am your father.

Default Re:I have the 6th pick in this year\'s entry draft.

I think Turris is realistic, provided he isn\'t selected first overall in the NHL.
    Cherepanov is also realistic. Sam Gagner will definitely be available there, and I like his upside far more than Van Riemsdyk. On the right team, Esposito will be awesome.
    Are non-2007 draftees available? May want to look at Peter Mueller et al over any of these guys.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you assume Kane, Cherepanov, Turris and Voracek will be gone (don\'t be so sure, there is always this I-like-proven-players-who-just-had-a-career-year guy selecting Ray Whitney just when you thought his choice would kill your dreams :P ), I\'d say the guy with the best upside this year is probably Angelo Esposito ; could be a bust, too.

I\'ve seen him play a lot and, honestly, I don\'t know what to say. He can be dominating some nights, with rocket-like speed, wow! moves, tremendous vision and playmaking abilities. The night after, he\'ll completely disappear. However, I won\'t jump at all on the \"attitude-problem\" bandwagon.
    The fact is expectations were high, really high, mostly because of the Radulov factor. When you lose such a dominating linemate, your numbers will surely suffer from it. You\'re a 16 years old rookie playing with the best player in the CHL, and the year after you\'re 17 and suddenly count on to be the cornerstone of the Remparts, the face of the league, the #1 pick, and so on.
    So Esposito could pay big time if he really learned to handle the pressure in this off, or so we say, year. With Patrick Roy as a coach, with the expectations not being what they were at the beginning of the year, we may see a \"fresh\" start for him in 2007-2008. A mysterious pick at this time, and maybe, like Dobber said, you may want to look at a safer bet, someone like Mueller drafted last year...

By the way, Dobbs : who would you pick : Peter Mueller or Jakub Voracek ?

I...am your father.

I will have that very choice this summer, and will take Mueller.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Mueller ANYTIME over Voracek !!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Why so obviously over Voracek ? Does he have that much more upside in your opinion ?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Let me clarify- My league is a Dynasty, so we have 2 separate drafts- Entry Draft and NHL Free Agent draft.

I...am your father.

CaporalRadulov wrote:
    Why so obviously over Voracek ? Does he have that much more upside in your opinion ?
    Mueller has a few more points upside than Voracek...and he is closer, obviously, because he is older...and he is in a situation where he can play next season. Maybe Voracek will be too...but you gotta admit, Mueller is the better option here...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Voracek\'s only big advantage on Mueller is that he\'s stronger and more physical. But he\'s nowhere near as good with the puck. 65 points for Voracek- which is still pretty good- but I think Mueller could get 50 points on just assists at his peak.