Thread: 1-for-1 trade: Goalie for RW

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 1-for-1 trade: Goalie for RW

Niittymakki for Alfredsson, straight up. Would you do it? My other G's: Luongo, Price, Halak. My current RW: Franzen, Downie, Hemsky.

Do the deal?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yes I do if unless you have to start 4 goalies which I highly doubt Nitty is depth to you and Alffy I am sure can help your team!

Dobber Sports Padawan

This shouldn't even be a question. You're so deep in goal that you don't need Nitty at all. Run with Alfie and enjoy the 70+ points he'll put up this year while Nitty battles for the number 1 spot with Niemi.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Genius

Yea I'd do that...Alfie is solid enough return for Nitty particularly given how deep you are in net

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah, we start 3 goalies per week. I was originally offering Niitty and another RW, but I pulled the offer because I thought I was giving too much. I think I'll accept this deal. It does, however, make my biggest competition in my league better.

Dobber Sports Genius

And it also makes yourself better ...the better your team..the better the likelihood that all cards fall into place at seasons end...all you need to know

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like the move, is there any chance you could get more than Alfie? Alfie just got dealt for Ward in m league, and I rate Nitty over Ward. MAybe you could shop around to some teams really hurting for goaltending and package Nitty with a another depth guy for a premier player? If there are a few teams getting shellacked in goal, maybe wait it out a little bit and see if you can drive up Nitty's price.

If not, I like the Alfie deal, definitely makes your team better.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'd do it in a second considering your goalie depth.
    1 year - 12 team roto league (standard cats)
    C: Jeff Carter, Derrick Brassard
    LW: Daniel Sedin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Andrew Ladd, Simon Gagne (IR)
    RW: Alexander Semin, Claude Giroux,
    D: Keith Yandle, John Carlson, James Wisniewski, Alex Pietrangelo, Kevin Shattenkirk

G: Jarolsav Halak, Kari Lehtonen, Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's only an 8 team league, and there are 2-3 teams whose goaltending is in the toilet. The Alfredsson owner also has Niemi and is running with Turco, Bryzgalov and Dan Ellis. He has Niemi as well on his bench. He also has a ridiculous offense (Ovechkin, Stamkos, Thornton, Sharp, Plekanec) so a guy like Alf is expendable to him. He's also offering Justin Williams in place of Alf. Although given Williams injury history I'm leaning towards avoiding him. Stoll is on the wire if I want a piece of the Williams line.

Dobber Sports Genius

Nah Williams is a 60-65 point guy...Alfie is a 75pt guy...Williams doesn't get the PP time nor have the footspeed anymore to be a 70 point producer like in his carolina days due to all the knee and lower body issues he's had the past couple years

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah, Williams is hot now but his cooldown is inevitable. So is him getting hurt again. I think I'm best off taking the Alf deal, since his owner has a stacked offense and can afford to part with him. Other GMs in the league would be way more reluctant to deal an Alfredsson calibre player for Niittymak.