Thread: low flying defensive dmen rep

Dobber Sports Ace

Default low flying defensive dmen rep

im looking for a solid defensive dman with potential to grow possibly one day into a stud for my sim league. my depth on d is lacking so i would like to add a couple players. heres a list of the free agents that caught my eye and i was wondering if their were any insights on these players.

kevin klein-didnt notice this guy much b4 i played with nsh on nhl 2011 and this guy was amazing for me. pretty much everything i want and looks like he could turn into a solid 2 way guy. you cant go wrong with nsh's drafting

davis drewskie-dont know much about this guy and havent seen him play to much

jonathon erricsson-ive heard he is just a defensive guy but do you think he ever has potential to be a top 4 guy in detroit

sami lepisto- for some reason every time i check the score in a phx game he gets a point

steve montador-this guy was on fire but i dont think he will ever be a solid 2 way guy. anyone have a different opinion

trevor daley-seems awesome defensivly but really lacking imo in the offensive zone.

anyone have some fav's from this list. reps will be given
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I can only comment on Drewiskie since he is the only player I am familiar with on this list. If you are looking for an offensive defenseman, look elsewhere. He is being groomed and developed as a defensive guy in the Kings org.
    Yahoo 1 yr Roto, 5 teams, 11/30 roster adds used
    [Starting positions: 3x C, 5x W, 5x D, 2x G, 2x IR, 5x BN]
    [G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, SH%, Hits, B/S, W, GAA, SV%, SO]

C: Crosby, Getzlaf, Toews, Johansen (C/W), Giroux (C/W), Hall (C/W), Cammalleri (C/W)
    W: Hartnell, Perry, Panarin
    D: Klingberg, Josi, Doughty, OEL, Girardi, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Anderson, Halak, Crawford

Go Kings !

Dobber Sports Veteran

All the guys that you have mentioned are know for the defensive abiities in very deep leagues you can take a chance on Montador but he will max out about 30 pts same as Lespito...not your not going to find much offensive out of that group.

Dobber Sports Sage

Montador would be my choice. He's having such a great start though, he's getting scooped up in a lot of leagues. If he's available in yours, I'd ride the streak for a little while. I watched Montador in Anaheim and loved him. Ironically, he's exactly the kind of defenseman the Ducks need right now, but they dished him away.

I know you said you want a defensive D-man that you can hang on to for a while, but I'm going to be honest with you, it's really hard to find a consistent guy in that area. Most of the time you'll get a guy performing well, but if he's a defensive defenseman, he's likely a #4, 5, or 6 D man on his team. Those are more often than not the more inconsistent of NHLers, so by nature, you're going to get streaky performance. I'd try to find a guy who is going to be solid for the longest amount of time possible and then jump ship to the next as the seasons change.

Montador should give you solid performance for another 3-6 weeks and anything beyond that is pure bonus.
    @tlucarelli on twitter