Thread: Long Term Upside....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Long Term Upside....

Hey guys. I was wondering what your thoughts were on the following D-Men and in what order you would rank them long term. What do you think of each? Do they all have the potential to be great or just one or two of them? Your input will be greatly appreciated:

A) Dmitry Kulikov
    B) Kevin Shattenkirk
    C) Zach Bogosian
    D) Erik Karlsson
    E) Jamie McBain
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League
    4x4 settings (G ,A, +/-, PIM, W, GAA, SV, SV %)
    3C, 6W, 6D, 2G, 12 bench- 3 IR spots

C= R.Getzlaf, J.Toews, E.Malkin
    W=A.Ovechkin, P.Kane, C.Perry, B.Ryan, K.Okposo, J.Eberle
    D=M.Green, Letang, K.Yandle, P.Subban, J.Carlson, D.Phaneuf
    G=T. Rask, S.Varlamov

BC= T.Seguin,M. Perreault, T.Tatar
    BW= Calvert, Z.Boychuck, L.Omark, J.Morin
    BD= B.Smith, S.Elliott
    BG= M.Neuvirth, J.Bernier, A.Lindback, B.Holtby, R.Emery
    FARM= C.Kreider, B.Connolly.
    Draft= #1 Pick overall in 2011 prospects Draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bruins21 View Post
    Hey guys. I was wondering what your thoughts were on the following D-Men and in what order you would rank them long term. What do you think of each? Do they all have the potential to be great or just one or two of them? Your input will be greatly appreciated:

A) Dmitry Kulikov
    B) Kevin Shattenkirk
    C) Zach Bogosian
    D) Erik Karlsson
    E) Jamie McBain
    karlsson
    bogo
    mcbain/shatts
    kulikov

Dobber Sports Pro

1)Karlsson-I like the way this kid plays he is an extremly good player for his age and will be the PP workhorse in Ottawa in a few years or once Gonchar leaves......heck you could make the arguement that he is already it. Can't say enough good things about him.Isn't the biggest guy out there but man oh man can't he play the game really well.If he was bigger I think he would of been a top 10 pick.

2)Kulikov-I like Kulikov he is a smart defenceman with a good shot,makes a good first pass now hes not as good as Karlsson offensively,I'm not sure the Panthers have really given him a shot at being "the man" on the point yet though.....mind you he is still young and will put up some numbers on an ever improving Panthers team once he gets a fair shot.I believe he only "slipped" in the draft because of the "Russian Factor"

3)Bogosian-Remember when he was drafted there was talk he was better then Doughty?Well there was a reason for that.He can shoot the puck is physically mature can pass and can QB the PP for the Thrashers once they give him some time.With Byfuglien and Enstrom playing so well and be entrenched on the 1st unit it might take a while but trust me he will develop into a good point producer.

4)McBain-He did too well in his stint with the Hurricanes last year.It put un-needed pressure on him too do well and he hasnt done it so far.Now keep in mind he hasnt been given a fair crack at things either.Once he is given it im sure he will produce but surely not to the point of what he did last year.He should be good but not as good as the 3 above him.

5)Shattenkirk-I just dont kno about him.The Avalanche like him hes a good offensive d-man but if it doesnt traslate to the NHL then he doesnt really have much use does he?Im guessing he will be one of those depth fantasy defenceman not a top dog but I may very well be wrong.The Avalanche have a bright future and I'm sure he will be given chances to succeed.

Thats my take if your ranking them on offence only.If your looking for a more all-around guy which I'm guessing you dont then itd be like this.
    1)Bogosian
    2)Kulikov
    3)Karlsson
    4)McBain
    5)Shattenkirk
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys, very informative!!! Anyone else have an opinion one way or another?
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League
    4x4 settings (G ,A, +/-, PIM, W, GAA, SV, SV %)
    3C, 6W, 6D, 2G, 12 bench- 3 IR spots

C= R.Getzlaf, J.Toews, E.Malkin
    W=A.Ovechkin, P.Kane, C.Perry, B.Ryan, K.Okposo, J.Eberle
    D=M.Green, Letang, K.Yandle, P.Subban, J.Carlson, D.Phaneuf
    G=T. Rask, S.Varlamov

BC= T.Seguin,M. Perreault, T.Tatar
    BW= Calvert, Z.Boychuck, L.Omark, J.Morin
    BD= B.Smith, S.Elliott
    BG= M.Neuvirth, J.Bernier, A.Lindback, B.Holtby, R.Emery
    FARM= C.Kreider, B.Connolly.
    Draft= #1 Pick overall in 2011 prospects Draft